Chapter 3

Chapter 3

-Rosalie Stevens-

"Come in!" I swung open the door to see Dann sitting at his desk, papers thrown everywhere. "Uhh.. Sorry for the mess." he mumbled, gathering up a few of them. I picked one up for him near my feet, trying not to look like I was reading it. The words legal limit, alcohol and death caught my eye on whatever this was. I handed it to him and he messily put on his pile.

"So, this job?" I inquired.

"Oh right! Yes! This is a but of an odd job... but there is still acting involved. And it'll take some serious talent and patience to withstand this." I nodded, a little nervous. But this couldn't be that bad... could it?

"My client, is going through a troubled time. He is upset because he is the cause of Atlantic Records being sued. We could easily win, but he's still upset. And I really need you to help make him happy again." my eyes widened as the possibilities of what 'make him happy again' could mean. He seemed to notice this.

"No!! No not like that, take a few steps down from that."

"I don't know what level that would be..."

"Ok look, my client is a big song-writer of love, but he hasn't ever experienced it. I need you to pretend to be his girlfriend." a fake relationship? I haven't ever been in a fake relationship, let alone a REAL one.

"What if your client doesn't agree with this whole plan?"

"He doesn't have much of a choice, his reputation is ruined just as bad as he is. I figure a girl like you could help it go back up." I nodded, that seemed to make some sense... I guess.

"Do we have a deal?"

"I actually would like to meet him first." I insisted.

"Alright." he punched in some numbers into the phone and held it up to his ear.

"Can I get H up here?" he requested before hanging up. "He'll be here in just a minute." why did he go by H? I couldn't even know his name? After two awkward minutes there was a knock on the door. My heart quicken speed at the thought of who it could be. A rag tag thug? A guy with a tattoo on the inside of his lip? He stepped in and I almost fainted.

Sweet Jesus it was Hunter Hayes.

-Hunter Hayes-

Ugh not Dann. He probably just wanted to yell at me again. I navigated my way through the building before reaching his office. I knocked on the door before opening it to see Dann sitting across the desk from the most gorgeous girl I've ever- no. I am NOT getting all lovey dovey while I'm in a situation like this. I pushed the feelings away and give them a confused look.

"Who's this?"

"Well maybe you should ask her yourself since you were drooling over her." oh god was I? I reddened in embarrassment and she did too.

"Hi... I'm Rosalie." she says shyly. Her soft voice makes me shiver.

"That's a different name... it's kinda pretty." I pull a prince Eric move from The Little Mermaid. Don't judge me. Dann cleared his throat and I returned my attention back to him.

"Sit." he gestured to the chair beside Rosalie which I quickly sat in. "You will be working with Rosalie for some time." some time? How long is this 'some time'?

"Cool, what is she working with me for?"

"Well..." he started uneasily, oh no. "Things have been rough with you lately and-"

"Things have not been rough with me." I growled. I was perfectly fine.

"And you need help." he finished, giving me a warning glare.

"I do not need help."

"You almost died from-"

"You almost died?" Rosalie squeaked in shock. Her eyes were wide, showing off their beautiful gray color. I instantly began panicking at her response.

"Well technically yes, but I'm ok now." I ended sternly. She looked down at her shoes.

"Sorry." she mumbled, sounding a little frustrated. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Dann.

"So how is she gonna 'help' me?"

"She's going to pretend to be your girlfriend." he blurted unexpectedly.

What.

-Rosalie Stevens-

"There is no way in hell I'm pretending to date HER." he pointed at me like I was some exhibit at a zoo. I glared at him.

"What? Am I just not good enough for you?!" I spat, offended at his reaction.

"No!" he instantly looked sympathetic. "It's just that I'm not lying to the whole world about my relationship status!"

"Hunter you need this!"

"I know what you're trying to do. You think it'll be like in all the books where this situation is set up, and I'll really fall in love with her. Well IM. NOT. GOING TO." Hunter stormed out the door and Dann let his head fall into his hands.

"Oh Lord." he muttered. "I'm so sorry Rosalie."

"It's ok, but... now what?"

"Let me ask you this." Dan leaned over the desk and looked me straight in the eye. "Do you think he needs help?"

"Yes. He does."

"And do you think you could help him?" oh gosh, I had no idea if I could. This is like that awkward moment you have when you're asked to babysit the most obnoxious annoying kid in the world. But it's only for a while, within a short amount of time it would be over, right? I sighed, half forcing out my answer.

"Yes."

"You've got yourself a job."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHOA LONG CHAPTER WHAT. So this is sort of just to makeup for the short amount of time I'll be gone, don't worry it won't be too long I promise!!

Lia