Chapter 105

Lilith's POV

I've been plagued by nightmares for past six months. They get more intense and get more realistic every time. They're either about my past and those who've hurt me or it's either Crimson's death, his death hurts but it's not as bad as my past. All the memories that I've repressed over the years are coming a month  and I'm starting to remember all those who've hurt me, especially the first ones who started it all. Three older girls' who I currently remember the names of but I will one of these days, it's inevitable.

A knock on my door snaps me out of it, m
"I come in!" I shout before the door opens and in walks Crimson's Mother, Penelope, with that same kind smile she always has.

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you?" She asks as I let out a sigh.

"I could be better."

"I'm sorry to hear that, but can I ask you for a favor?" She asks, her smile never faltering. This is a first, she's never asked me for anything before.

"Of course."

"Well, since my husband and son have unfortunately passed, there has been no one to rule over hell and that's a problem. So I was wondering if you could give the crown, your crown, to my youngest son?" She asks as she messes with the hem of shirt. I technically still am the queen but it's not like I want it, not without Crimson. He made it bearable and was the voice of reason.

"Sure, How does this work?" I ask as she beams at me with a certain look in her blue eyes that I can't figure out.

"Basically its a coronation and dethroning. It's simple, the crown will be removed from your head and placed on my son's and don't worry, I'll take care of all the details." She says before quickly walking out the room. That's not how it works, there has to be more it's not that simple, it can't be. Besides that, she's up to something and it's not just wanting someone to maintain hell because she could probably do it herself.

The elderly man removes the gold crown from my head as Sebastian walks up the isle. He's the complete opposite of Crimson, he's blond with blue eyes and had a fairly good childhood from what I've heard.

   In a few minutes or so, This will be all over. I won't be the queen anymore and the crown will stay in Crimson's family. That's what he would probably want.

A knife whizzes past me and goes into the elderly man's shoulder making him drop the crown.

"That crown...it belongs to me." A deep, familiar English voice says. I know that voice from anywhere, it's Crimson.  I turn around quickly and I feel my heart stop as my eyes widen. There stands Crimson, covered in dirt with his red eyes blazing. Holy shit, he's alive. I quickly walk down the steps before I start running towards him, my heels clicking loudly.

When I reach him, I throw my arms around him as I feel him wraps his arms around me. I let out a shaky breath before pulling away.

"Hello, Love." He says as I reach up to touch his face with a smile. He's real and alive, oh my god. Tears brim in my eyes but I quickly push them down.

"Crimson, you're alive." I say as he nods his head with that smile that I missed so much.

"I am, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." He looks past me and presumably at his brother. I go to say something but he cuts me off.

"We'll continue this later, my love." He let's go of me before side stepping as I turn around to face Sebastian.

"What's the meaning of this Sebastian?" Crimson asks as he starts to approach his brother.

"Someone needed to take the throne because Lilith wanted to give up the crown."  Sebastian shrugs, that's not the full truth. Their mother asked me to give up the crown.