Chapter 16

Lilith's POV

I opened the letter and it said

You are invited to the ball that happens every 500 years on a blood moon. There will dancing, food, and more! We expect you there, see you soon!

That's so werid and is badly written I get up off the couch and I still on the counter. I headed out to my car to get my cigarettes and lighter. I grab them and walked back into the house. I walk up staris to my bedroom. I set the pack of cigarettes and lighter on the side table. Take my shoes off. I climbed​ onto the bed and covered up. I closed my eyes and fell asleep in a dream like sleep.

Dream

"Mama!" I sang while skipping around looking for her. She pop up from behind the couch and ran up to me and scooped me into her arms. She planted kisses all over my face. I giggled and smiled at her. Daddy came up and gave mama a kiss on the head. After he smiled to me. He planted a kiss on my forehead. "Where's Trenton?" I asked. "He's with Oliver sweetie." She said as I was on the verge of tears. Mama stroked my head. Cooing at me. "Can we go have a picnic?" I asked they looked at each other and nodded. I giggled. "Let me go back lunch and than we'll go." She set me down and than She smiled at us as she walked away. Daddy smiled at me and pressed a kiss on forehead before grabbing my and taking me to the couch to wait for mama get done. About 10 minutes later she came out with a basket and grabbed my hand as dad followed us. We went to our special spot. I grab my parents hands and skip in the middle of them.

We find a place to set up. Mama grabbed a blanket out of the basket and set on the ground. I sat down and dug into the basket and we ate. In the middle of eating we heard a vicious growl. Daddy looked behind him. His eyes widened. "Take her and run!" He shouted. Mama shifted into her gray wolf. I got into her back and she took off. As we we're running we heard another vicious growl. I screamed. My mom tried to go faster but she turned around and ran back to my dad. I could still hear the foot steps. I could see my dad head. The wolf bit her leg. she fell to the ground with me on her back. I screamed out. Mama shifted back only to scream. "Ran Lilith and don't look back!" I took off as fast I could. I heard someone running after me. I tripped over a branch and tumbled to the ground. The wolf was on top of me and snarling at me. I just lied there frozen. My dad leaped out of the bushes with my mom who was limping. My dad pounced on the wolf. my mom stood over me snarling. Another wolf jumped on my mom pinning her to the ground. My dad killed the other wolf. With blood dripping off someplace in his body. Than my mom fell on me with blood pouring out of her. I bursted into tears. Her body went limp on top of me. My dad feel to the ground looking at me. I laid there under my mom I tried to get up and move. I pushed her body lightly. I stroked her head before leaning up against​ a tree. Crying my eyes out. I heard the foot steps of wolves behind me. The alpha came out from behind the tree and looked at my parents in disbelief. He looked at me with rage and hate. He came stomping up to the and shouted at me. " What the hell did you do!"  I started shaking. I didn't know how to reply. My brother came up to me and back handed me. "I hate you! Why did you kill them!" He shouted at me. I just stood there frozen.

End of dream ( flashback)

I shot out the bed. Sweating. That dream did happen when I was six years old. I heard a banging my door again. I put the cigarette and lighter in one of my pockets. I dig through the side table drawer. I found a knife. What are the odds. I grab the knife and put it behind my back. I walk down stairs and walk to he front door.
It was the same dude from yesterday. I open the door and put my other hand behind my back.

"May I help you?" I questioned

"May I help you?" I questioned.   " Yes we are here to pick you up for the blood moon ball."  He said I nodded. " One minute please" I said as I shut the door in his face. I walk away with the knife in front of me. I set it on the counter. "You should go Lilith"  said crimson. I trust crimson so I grabbed my keys and proceed out the front door. He waited out on the driveway​. " You can drive your car if would like." He said.  I nodded than walk over to my car I hop in and started it up. He gapped at my car. He got into his car not before yelling " Follow me". He pulled out the driveway. I swich into one of the highest gear. I peal out of the driveway​ right behind him. I take my hand off the shift and put it on the wheel. Pull out my cigarettes with one hand than put it in my mouth.  I grab the lighter and light it as I'm driving. I floor the car until the point we're side by side. He looked over at me shocked that I'm right next to him with a cigarette in the side of my mouth.

We drove for about an hour until we pulled up to a palace.