We went into our room and Levi had me sit on the mattress while he grabbed my wraps and braces. He gently wrapped my arms before putting my braces over the top. "Better?"

"Much," I gave him a smile and he helped me up.

"Alright, let's go see mom," he said and I nodded.

Levi had told Ms. Magnolia that we were planning on going with Erwin. The next day she showed up at the school with a small suitcase packed. She insisted on coming with us saying, "if my babies are going then so am I." We knew there would be no arguing with her.

When we told Pixis he got a kick out of the whole thing and said he didn't mind her coming with us. When she got to know the rest of the kids Levi warned me what would happen but I didn't believe him until I saw it with my own eyes. Long story short she's pretty much adopted every single one of us and everyone calls her mom now.

We made it to her room and bumped into one of the other students who had left with us. She was the youngest. "Thanks, Mom."

"No problem Mina anytime you need to talk I'm here," Mom said before Mina left.

We gave a little knock at the door and her face brightened up seeing us walk in.

"Aw there's my boys," she said, gesturing for us to sit. "I heard you two were sparing again how'd it go?"

"Well," Levi rubbed the back of his neck.

"We tied," I shrugged.

"Oh I see," she laughed, "still staying evenly matched I see.

"More like Eren didn't have his braces on and Levi took pity on him," Jean said from the doorway.

"Ugh Levi," she sighed, "I've told you to watch out for him, and Eren you know better," she said and I felt the lecture of a lifetime coming.

I turned around to glare at Jean. When he spoke up again. "Don't worry they didn't push him too hard, they stopped the second his wrists started hurting," he lied. Damn, it takes some balls to lie to mom.

"I'm sure they did," Mom said unconvinced.

"Do you mind if I steal Eren for a minute?" he asked and I both felt grateful and pissed off at him. Grateful that he's saving me from the lecture pissed off that he's the one who threw us under the bus to start with. Good luck Levi she's going to chew you out. I thought before standing up and leaving the room with Jean Marco was standing in the hallway next to him. I could hear Mom lecturing Levi from a few rooms down.

"So Orbit, wanna spot me and Marco in a sparring match? We asked Erwin, but he's talking with Hanji at the moment."

"What's with the code name?" I asked if we hardly ever use them unless we are out on missions.

"I'm just trying to get used to calling you something other than dickface that's all," he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, "I walked right into that one," I mumbled before looking back up at him, "sure, but get Levi out of there first," I said looking back towards mom's room.

"Fine but you owe me one."

"As if, you're the reason he's getting lectured in the first place."

"Fine Marco could you get him?" he asked and Marco nodded.

"Seriously though, are your arms doing okay?" he asked, looking at them," yeah I'm okay, power backlash is just a bitch. I miss the days where I used to just get tired.

"Well, they aren't meant to be used this way, they are meant to save us from life or death situations, so overuse is something very new to us." He let out a sigh, "I didn't rat you out to mom cause I want you to get yelled at... well maybe a little, but because I want you to be more careful. The stronger the power the stronger the backlash, remember that," he said just as Marco and Levi came out to join us.

"Thanks for getting me out of there," he said to both me and Marco. "As for you," he said walking up to Jean and smacking him upside the head, "You're a dick."

Jean just rubbed the back of his head glaring at Levi, "I wouldn't have to be if you guys actually took this seriously," he mumbled before walking towards the ring.

Levi and I stood outside the ring before remembering to take a few steps back. "I don't think I need to go over the rules," I said before looking at Jean, "You specifically, try and keep your power in the ring, please. I don't need to get hit with a fireball again."

"That was one time," Jean rolled his eyes.

"Twelve," Levi said deadpan.

"Same thing," Jean mumbled before shaking his head, "can we just start already."

"Alright," I said before looking at Levi and nodding.

"Three... two... one... Spar!" Levi said and instantly we saw both fire and ice spring up in the circle. One second I was freezing and the next I was burning. They need to take it down a notch.

I found myself squinting to see anything as the ring filled up with steam. "Dammit Jean we can't see anything," I yelled and a moment later someone flew out of the ring. We turned around to see who just got knocked out.

"Sorry baby," Marco yelled running out of the ring. Jean was lying flat on his back a few feet away from the ring.

"It's all good," he said, giving a weak thumbs up.

"I couldn't see him and I used my ice and then I heard a thud," Marco said panicked as he knelt down next to Jean.

"He'll be fine, he's got a thick skull," I shrugged before looking to Levi. "What's the score?"

"Marco 7 Jean 5," Levi said writing it down on a notepad.

"Good job babe you kicked my ass," Jean said as Marco helped him up.

"I didn't mean to hit you that hard, maybe we should see Hanji," Marco suggested but Jean just blew it off.

"Nah I'll be okay you just knocked the wind out of me," he laughed.

I just nudged Levi, "maybe we should check with Pixis and Shadis see if they have any missions planned," I mumbled.

"Getting restless I see."

"I feel like I could be doing more. Sitting around here makes me feel like all I'm doing is wasting time. I want to do everything in my power to fight back."

"I know, believe me I know," Levi let out a sigh, "I just want all of this to end, but I know the only way that will happen is if we fight for it. So if you are up for a mission then so am I."

I nodded and we made our way over to Pixis and Shadis. Hopefully, they have something for us. Anything, small, big, it doesn't matter I'll take it.