congratulations

title: congratulations - post malone 

billie's POV

-----------------------------------

we are in france for the next two shows, we considered going to see if elle's stuff was still at may's place but elle reminded me that whatever is there is tainted with bad luck and bad vibes. if she says she doesn't want her stuff, i guess that's fine. "guess what ellie" i say with a small smile. "what?" she asks, looking up from her phone and at me. "we have a show in san francisco. i didn't even know that. we can look for a place while we're there" i explain. "that'll be nice" she agrees. "i've looked in several other places but that's only online." i tell her. "well, maybe we could look in la. around where your family lives." she suggests. "i thought you said you wanted to live in san francisco" i furrow my eyebrows a little. "that was just at the top of my head because that's where we went when you invited me to your next two shows. i think it'd be nice to live by your family" she answers. "oh. i mean okay but are you sure?" i ask. "yeah. it'd be so much easier. we wouldn't have to make all new friends and we could force your family to babysit" she shrugs. "oh my god you're right! so we're looking in la or highland park?" i ask. "yeah" she nods. "great, i'll look and see if there are any listings" i smile a little and take out my phone.

i can't wait to finally have kids with elle. we discussed it and decided we were going to wait until we obviously had a house, had gone through as much schooling as we'd like to and were all around ready. i've noticed elle has started looking at colleges with good directing classes or whatever the fuck it's called. she's been researching UCLA and chapman the most, i'm pretty sure she'll choose one of those. i'm not sure if it's just because they're in california though, i hope that's not it. i don't want to be holding her back. but i hope she finally goes through with it, she's so passionate about directing. sometimes all she'll do on the bus is facetime into meetings and talk to the director about exactly what she wants to do with the movie. 

"i gotta go talk to claudia." elle says, standing up and shutting her laptop. "okay. love you" i smile and kiss her before she walks out of the hotel room. "love you too" she responds right as the door shuts. i search through the tv, trying to find the office but i can't. i grab my laptop and see that it's dead so i plug it in and set it on the nightstand. i pick up elle's computer and put it on my lap before opening it. 

University of California at Los Angeles 

Eleanor Vivian O'Connell 

Dear Elle, 

Congratulations! It is our great pleasure to offer you admission to UCLA for the fall quarter 2021. You have been admitted to the UCLA College of  Film, Theatre and Television graduate fine arts program as your academic major. 

This is a remarkable achievement. You were selected from the largest applicant pool in the nation - more than 90,000 students applied to UCLA this year. Your talents and academic accomplishments are exceptional and we are positive that you will thrive here.

holy fucking shit. she did it.