she's the reason that my heart gon' break if she walk away

title: pretty face - king staccz

elle's POV

-------------------------------

i look through my suitcase, trying to find the best suit for today. i don't feel like wearing a dress. i've had this weird urge to wear suits, i don't know what it is, just an urge. but of course i listen to it.

"i love you so, so much" i tell billie, kissing her after she hugs me tiredly

"i love you so, so much" i tell billie, kissing her after she hugs me tiredly. "if you really loved me you'd stay home with me" she pouts. "bil i-" i start but she cuts me off. "i'm kidding. go live your dream and shit. i love you" she giggles and kisses me again. "i love you more" i say and quickly leave so i get the last word.

i get into the car and the driver pulls out of the driveway. i put my headphones on and try to put together a soundtrack for the movie. that was actually what we are talking about in the meeting today. it's just the editors, the director and i, no actors. billie and i talked about her coming with me but when i woke up i told her she should stay home because she looked exhausted.

i get to the building and thank the driver before walking in. "elle, great to see you. here's your coffee by the way" the receptionist tells me. "oh, i didn't order coffee but thank you" i furrow my eyebrows and laugh a little. "oh my god. i'm so sorry. jacob just brought it in about two minutes ago and said to make sure that you get it. he also handed me this little bag. spoiler alert, it's a doughnut" she explains and hands me the bag. "aw, he's sweet. thank you erin. you have an amazing day" i tell her. "i-i will do that" she nods as if it were an order. "never change erin. never change" i laugh and walk to the elevator. (a/n: erin is based off of erin from the office. if that weren't clear enough.)

"hello elle" jacob greets me as i walk in. i set my stuff down on the table and shake his hand. "great to see you. thank you so much for this by the way, you didn't have to do that" i smile and sit down. "it was no problem. your fiance called, she said you hadn't had breakfast and to make sure you ate or you'd get a stomach ache. she told me how you like your coffee and venmoed me some money." he explains. "awe, she's so sweet. would you give me a moment?" i ask and stand up. "of course, go ahead" he nods as i take my phone out and walk into the hallway.

i call billie and she answers almost immediately. "hey, is everything alright?" she asks in a raspy voice. "i love you. that was the sweetest thing, definitely made my day" i tell her. "oh do you mean the coffee and the doughnut?" she questions. "yes, you are going to get so lucky later" i sing, trying to keep my voice down. "good to know. i'm sure they need you in there and i should probably take a shower but i love you. i love you so, so much" she says, clearing her throat slightly. "billie, are you pushing me off the phone?" i ask sadly. "no no no! that was not at all what i was doing! i was-" she starts but i interrupt her. "i'm kidding billie. i love you too." i laugh. "i love you more" she responds and hangs up before i can say anything else. i go into messages and text her that i love her even more before walking back inside. "sorry about that. let's dive right in shall we?" i smile as i sit down.

"that's perfect! thank you all so much. have a lovely day" i tell them as we wrap up the meeting. i shake everyone's hand and walk down to the lobby. i call the driver and sit down on the couch. "how was the meeting?" erin asks. i stand up and walk over to her desk and we talk for a little bit. i use some of the hand sanitizer as we talk and she giggles. "you never know what those men have touched." she whispers. "exactly! i tell that to my fiance all the time but she doesn't listen. she says it's fine and that she'll just wash her hands when she uses the restroom next" i laugh. "by the way, what is your fiance's name?" she asks. "her name is billie" i answer. "okay, i gotta tell you something. i knew that's what her name was but i was just trying to be polite. now it sounds stupid. i'm so sorry." she says and looks down at her lap. "erin, it's alright. that was very polite. my driver is here so i gotta go but have a fantastic day alright? i'll see you tomorrow" i tell her, seeing her smile up at me. "bye elle, i love you- i'm sorry that was an accident. just... just go." she says in an embarrassed, disappointed tone as she looks back down at her lap. "i love you too" i respond in a weird voice, making her laugh.

"hello" i greet joseph, the driver, as i get in the car. "hello ms evans. how was your meeting?" he asks as he starts driving out of the parking lot. "it was good. how was your...... what did you do when i was in the meeting?" i ask. "i had breakfast with my daughter" he explains. "oh, that sounds lovely. how was it?" i question. "it was in fact lovely" he answers with a small laugh. "that's great. what's your daughter's name?" i ask. "daniel- danielle" he responds. "how old is she?" i question. "he- excuse me, she is fifteen. i'm sorry, she's transitioning right now and sometimes i call her by the wrong name or use the wrong pronoun. i feel really bad about it when it happens" he tells me. "you know what joe, i think you and i are going to be really good friends." i say with a small smile, looking down at my lap. i get a text from elizabeth and immediately open it.

monkey😜💩

hey um... can you talk?

of course, what's up?

i meant like, on the phone

not right now but as soon as
i get back to billie's i'll facetime
you. is that alright?

yeah. just please hurry.

i'll be as fast as i can.

"hey joseph, do you think we can speed this up a little? or do you think i could facetime my sister?" i ask. "california traffic. i can't do anything about it. but you can absolutely make your call. i'll put this up." he answers and presses a button, making the little window between us go up. i call elizabeth and she answers instantly. i see her crying and my heart sinks. "what's going on? are you okay?" i ask in a worried tone. "it's father. he um... he texted me and called me elijah." she sniffles.

i'm going to fucking kill him

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: dun dun motherfucking dun