just friends

title: just friends - frank sinatra 

elle's POV

----------------------------------------

"sorry i brought billie without telling you. she's been having a rough day." i explain as billie takes bear out of her backpack. "we had to hide him, we didn't think he'd be allowed in" billie shrugs with a small laugh as jess gives her a weird look. "oh um... okay" she nods. bear runs over to jess and jumps up on her leg. jess smiles a little and picks him up. "is something wrong?" i ask. 

obviously there's something up with jess. she's acting weird. well, weirder than normal. she seems uncomfortable.

does she not like billie?

impossible, everyone likes billie

billie puts her arms around me and rests her chin on my shoulder. "so i um... i thought we could watch a movie" jess explains. "okay" i agree. jess sits on her bed and i sit on the floor next to billie. jess grabs my wrist and pulls me up onto her bed with her. "come on billie" i pat the spot between my legs and billie looks up at jess. "if your dogs are on my bed, i think you can be on here too" jess laughs a little. billie stands up and lays between my legs as i rest my head on jess's shoulder. she turns on the breakfast club and i smile a little. "i fucking love this movie" i tell them. i wrap my arms around billie's neck loosely and she lays her head on my chest. i see jess look at billie and then at me with the same weird look she's had on her face since we got here. "you never answered my question you know? is there something wrong?" i ask. "no, i'm fine" she shrugs a little. "fine doesn't mean fine" i remind her. billie sits up and turns around so she's facing us. "i'm good, really" she tries to convince us. "whatever you say" i sigh and lay my head back on her shoulder. 

i wrap one of my arms around jess's waist and give her a concerned look. she smiles a little and i hold billie's hand with my free hand. i see jess eyeing billie and i's hands and furrow my eyebrows a little. once she realizes that i noticed she quickly shakes herself out of her thoughts and looks up at the movie. bear is asleep in billie's lap and blu is laying in jess's. jess sighs a little, probably thinking i didn't hear it, and pets blu. "i'm gonna use the bathroom. i saw it on the way in." billie tells us, picking up bear and setting him down once she gets up. she pecks her lips to mine and i smile a little. "love you" i say as she starts to make her way to the door. "love you too" she responds and walks out. "come on jess, what's going on?" i ask. "okay well here's the thing." she starts.