all of me loves all of you

title: all of me - john legend

billie's POV

----------------------------------

we get to the reception and soon after everyone else arrives. "ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the first dance" the band announces. of course we chose unforgettable by nat king cole and they start playing it. i take elle's hand in mine and kiss it before putting one of my hands on her hips and keeping her other hand in mine. she places her arm on my shoulders and lays her forehead against mine. i smile at her as we sway to the music and she kisses my cheek. she lays her head on my shoulder and i pull her closer to me. "god how did i get so lucky?" i whisper. "i ask myself that everyday" she answers with a small smile. "i love you ellie" i tell her. "i love you too" she responds, squeezing my hand. the dance slowly turns into the waltz we practiced for hours on end and i focus on not messing up. we had practiced it for such a long time because we wanted to get it perfect. i don't know how many green rooms we danced in but it seems like a lot.

"and now, the father daughter dance" they announce and my dad takes my hand as elle sits down next to her mom and watches us.  i put my arm around him and he holds my hand in his, wrapping his free hand around my waist. we dance to the music for a few second until it stops. "please" he whispers and crosses his fingers. i nod with a smile and the band starts playing salsa music. he smiles widely as i dance with him and everyone cheers us on. i look over and see elle's jaw dropped. i wink at her and focus on the dance as dad does every move smoothly. 

once the dance ends everyone claps for us and we bow. i sit down next to elle and she intertwines our fingers as we eat. i kiss her hand once again and she smiles. "okay. mental picture time. click" i say and pretend to take a picture. "oh shit, you blinked" i sigh and she laughs. "damn it o'connell" i shake my head and she smiles widely. "o'connell" she whispers. "you know you don't have to take my last name right? i would take yours or we could hyphen it, whatever you want" i tell her. "i like being mrs o'connell" she says with a smile. "me too" i agree. 

"is it time for the game?" elle asks. "i think so" i nod. elle whispers to claudia and she nods. claudia walks up to the band and talks to them for a few seconds before coming back. "alright folks, it's time to play a little game" the lead singer declares. elle and i stand up and claudia and finneas take our seats, placing them in the middle of the dance floor as people sit down. they put the seats back to back and i sit down after elle does. "okay, here are the rules. claudia is going to ask a question about the two of you. you'll both be holding two shoes, one is your own and the other is your partner's. when she asks the question you raise the shoe of the person you think that answer applies to. got it?" he asks. "got it" i nod. i take off my shoes and stand up before walking around and handing one to elle. i take off her shoes and she thanks me. i hand one to her and keep the other before sitting down.

"okay. which one of you said i love you first? and not at a concert" claudia asks, making the crowd laugh. i hesitantly raise my shoe and look over my shoulder, seeing elle holding mine up as well. "who takes longer to get ready?" claudia asks and i immediately raise elle's shoe. "who is the better kisser?" she asks and i raise elle's shoe. i look and see that elle has her shoe in the air and everyone laughs. "i was just trying to be nice, we both know it's me" i argue. "yeah. you're right, i just wanted to see what you would do" she giggles and raises my shoe. "who has the crazier family?" i debate on which shoe to put up and end up putting them both up, seeing that elle did the same thing as everyone laughs. "who wakes up first?" i put elle's shoe up and see she has hers up as well. "who made the first move?" claudia asks. "wait..... can this mean who invited who across the world first?" i ask. "would that count as a move?" i add. "yes" claudia nods. i put my shoe up and the crowd laughs. "wait, i let her sleep in my bed before she offered to take me!" elle defends. "i gave you my number" i argue. "you got me there." she sucks through her teeth and raises my shoe. "who is the better driver?" she asks. i put up my shoe and feel elle hit me in the head with my shoe lightly, making a laugh hover through the room once again. "it's true!" i exclaim. "who is better looking?" i instantly raise elle's shoe and see she has my shoe up and smile. "i think we all know the answer to this one, who is more likely to get injured?"  claudia asks. i raise my shoe embarrassedly and see my other shoe fly across the room in front of me. "you really had to throw it huh?" i laugh. "it was an accident!" she defends and gets up, walking over and picking it up, pecking our lips together on her way back. "i think that was just an excuse to kiss me." i giggle. "maybe" she shrugs. "i can see you're getting bored so this is the last question. who do you love most in the entire world?" claudia asks and i see elle has my shoe up as i raise her's. "i love you" i whisper and kiss her cheek. "i love you more" she responds. "can i have you ask one more question claudia?" i ask. i gesture for her to come closer and whisper in her ear, making her laugh a little. "as requested, who loves the other more?" she asks. i raise my shoe and stand up, elle's other shoe from her hand and forcing her raise mine as everyone laughs. 

once we finish the game it's time for elle to throw her bouquet. all the bridesmaids including madison, zoe and drew gather behind her and she tosses it. drew jumps in the air as high as she can and catches it, laughing like a maniac. "you're going to make someone very happy, drew." i tell her and pat her head. "i know" she smiles proudly. 

"alright. i have a little bit of a surprise for this beautiful bride of mine" i announce. finneas jogs out and comes back with all the bridesmen pushing a piano. "thank you" i smile and sit down at the bench zoe brings out. "yay i helped" zoe smiles and claps for herself. "good job zoe" i laugh and pat her head before she walks away. "now i know this song is about someone else, someone i don't know, but i feel it really defines elle and i's relationship." i explain. i start playing the melody to the song and elle watches me lovingly. "what would i do without your smart mouth? drawing me in and you kicking me out? you've got my head spinning, no kidding, i can't pin you down. what's going on in that beautiful mind? i'm on your magical mystery ride and i'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me but i'll be alright. my head's underwater but i'm feeling fine. you're crazy and i'm out of my mind. 'cause all of me loves all of you. loves your curves and all your edge, all your perfect imperfections. give your all to me, i'll give my all to you. you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning. 'cause i give you all of me and you give me all of you, oh oh." i sing, seeing elle start to tear up. "how many times do i have to tell you? even when you're crying you're beautiful too. the world is beating you down and i'm around for every mood. you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, rhythm and blues. i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you. my head's underwater but i'm feeling fine. you're crazy and i'm out of my mind. 'cause all of me loves all of you. loves your curves and all your edge, all your perfect imperfections. give your all to me, i'll give my all to you. you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning. 'cause i give you all of me and you give me all of you, oh oh. give me all of you. cards on the table we're both showing hearts. risking it all though it's hard. 'cause all of me loves all of you. loves your curves and all your edge, all your perfect imperfections. give your all to me, i'll give my all to you. you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning. 'cause i give you all of me and you give me all of you. i give you all of me and you give me all of you, oh oh." as i sing and play i look at elle and pour my heart out into it. once i finish everyone claps and elle walks over and kisses me. "i love you baby" i tell her. "i love you too" she smiles and hugs me. 

we finally get to the cake and elle and i cut it together. i get a slice for myself and one for her, handing it to her and kissing her forehead. she smiles at me and i brace myself. i grab my slice of cake as she does the same and i smear it in her face, feeling her smear her's onto mine and everyone cheers. i offer her some of the cake on my fingers and she licks it off, biting my finger gently and laughing. i kiss her and subtly lick the cake from her lips and she does the same to me. 

the reception ends and we thank everyone for coming. everyone watches us as we run to the car and get in. i wave out the window as the driver drives us to the hotel. i grab my stuff and we stop at elle's place, grabbing her stuff as well and changing clothes. we had cleaned up before we left so we could go to the airport immediately after. we decided to leave so soon because we were positive we'd be jet lagged and we don't have that much time for a break. once we get to the airport our security helps us get through and onto the plane. i lay my head on elle's shoulder as i keep her hand in mine, looking out the window with her. she looks down at me with a smile and kisses me. "i love you" i tell her. "i love you too beautiful. i always have and always will" she whispers and holds me closer to her as we look out the window at the city below us.