dream a little dream

title: dream a little dream of me - ella fitzgerald

billie's POV

the next night*

--------------------------------------------

"i gotta facetime into a meeting real quick, give me a second." i tell elle, standing up and grabbing my laptop from the desk as well as several notebooks. i jog down to the den and set it on the table before sitting down. i answer the call and see everyone sitting around a table. "hey billie" finneas waves with a smile. "hi billie" the rest of them say almost in unison. "hey guys" i respond and grab my sketchbook. "okay so here's what i was thinking for the intro" i start and show them the picture i drew to explain it.

it's been like 4 hours and we're still talking about the tour. "listen bro, i don't know what time it is over there, but it's like 12 here. can we hurry this up?" i ask. "we still have a lot to cover billie. maggie, did you get that vegan catering again?" mark asks. "yes" mom nods. "what else do i have to do? what more concerns me?" i question. "pretty much all of this concerns you billie. it's your tour" mark laughs a little as he speaks. "ugh fine." i groan.

two more hours have gone passed and the meeting finally ends. "okay, thank you. love you guys, bye" i rush and shut the computer. i gather the rest of my stuff and get back up to elle's room. i set it all down and see that she's already asleep. i lay down next to her carefully, hoping not to wake her up and cuddle her. she groans a little and shifts so she's facing me. she wraps her arm around me and i kiss the top of her head. "i love you angel" i whisper and hold her closer.

throughout the night i dream of elle and i's wedding and finally spending the rest of my life with her. i dream of us finding out that she's pregnant and us in the hospital with our new baby, us struggling to teach our kids about stuff and elle forcing me to shut up while she teaches them about sex so i don't say something traumatizing. i can't believe it's actually going to happen. i keep her close to me and don't let go through the entire night.

once i wake up i look around and see elle nowhere in sight. i hear faint music from the shower and elle singing over it. "but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me" her singing gets louder as i walk to the bathroom. i take off my clothes and open the clear, steamed up shower door and step in, wrapping my arms around her from behind. "SHIT!" she screams and slips. i grab her arm right before she hits the ground and help her stand up. "sorry" i say, trying not to laugh. "you could've you know, told me you were joining me" she responds with a small giggle. i hug her and lay my head on her chest, feeling her arms wrap around me. "how'd you sleep?" she asks. "pretty good. how about you?" i answer. "not the best. it was really bad until you came in and then i calmed down a little but i still had night terrors throughout the night" she explains. "aw i'm sorry. you could've waken me up you know" i tell her. "i know, but you looked so peaceful" she shrugs and lets go of me, getting some shampoo in her hand and massaging it into my hair.

like i said, elle could be a massage therapist. she's so fucking relaxing, everything about her helps me calm down and just forget about my stress.

i hug her and she continues and she turns me so i'm under the water once she's finished. she tilts my head back slightly and the shampoo runs out of my hair. she pumps some conditioner into her hand and puts it into my hair after moving me out of the water. "so pretty" she giggles after a few minutes of her obviously trying to put my hair up into a big spike. i step out of the shower and look in the mirror, seeing that she succeeded in her goal. i get back into the shower and it slowly falls, landing in my eye. "ow" i exclaim and shut it quickly. elle gets out of the shower and grabs a towel, holding onto my hand and leading me out. she dabs the towel against my eye until i can open it and i rub it a little. "no billie! that's going to make it hurt more!" she groans and brings the towel back to my eye.

once my eye feels better we get back in the shower and she washes the conditioner out of my hair. unforgettable by nat king cole starts playing and she smiles a little. she grabs her loofah and puts some body wash on it, putting it under the water for a second before rubbing it around my body. i watch her as she starts with my arms, and runs it up and down them both. she leads it from my shoulders down to my chest, rubbing circles around both of my boobs before sliding it down to my stomach. she wraps her arms around my back and continues tracing circles with it all around my back. she brings it to my legs and bends down as she runs it down both of them. she comes to my inner thighs and rubs circles on them with the loofa, sending a shiver down my spine. she moves me back into the water and the water washes the soap away. "i like taking care of you" she says with a small smile, hugging me once again. "i like you in general" i respond with the same smile she has and press my lips to hers. once she pulls away she kisses my neck softly. her kisses turn sloppier and she starts sucking on it. once she is satisfied she cleans my neck off with the loofah and tilts my head slightly so the water runs the soap off of it. she cleans off the loofah and steps out.

i turn off the water and follow her out of the shower. i grab a towel from the cabinet as she dries herself off with her own towel. once i'm dry i walk to the closet and pick out some of the clothes finneas brought a while back. he packed an entire suitcase with just my clothes so i wouldn't have to rotate between the same outfits i had from when we first came. i change and watch as elle stands naked in front of her closet, looking through it. i hug her from behind and rest my chin on her shoulder. i kiss her cheek and she turns around, hugging me back. she pecks our lips together and goes back to picking out her outfit. "maybe we could go to lewis's shop and then to the park" elle suggests. "that sounds perfect" i agree.