we gon' love who we wanna love

title: body count - jessie reyez

billie's POV

-------------------------------------

today we're going to paint our new place and tomorrow we're moving everything into it. right now we are at the store looking at paint. obviously i have all black on and my hood is over my head, elle is doing the same thing. "what about this one for the kitchen?" she suggests a light yellow colour. "that looks perfect" i agree. "you can pick for the living room" she tells me. i pick out a lime green colour and look over at elle. "either this or this light blue" i explain. "i like the green more" she says. "me too" i nod. "so do i" sully chimes in. we had to have him come because mom was scared something would happen if he didn't. 

after a little while of getting paint we get everything else we think we'll need, including new LED lights because we both wanted to put LED lights in almost every room because we agreed that regular lighting can be boring sometimes. once we have everything we get some snacks, pay at self checkout and leave.  

instead of going home we go to our new place and set everything up. elle had brought her speaker and everything we needed was in the car. "alright, let's get started" i smile and grab one of the paint rollers. "finneas and claudia are coming over to help us by the way" i tell her as i open the paint and pour it into the roller bin thing. "alright, i'll see if jess can come. i want you guys to meet in person" she responds and takes out her phone. "okay" i agree and finally start painting. elle takes out her phone and starts playing music, typing for a few seconds and putting her phone on the counter before she starts helping me. "you don't gotta tell me bout your body count, a don't gotta know your ex's name" she starts. "cause if it just so happens that you turn around ask me i think you might feel some type of way" i add. "I DODGE DICK ON THE DAILY" we scream in perfect unison. "i know it's funny but it's true" elle sings through giggles. "and i bought this mercedes all by myself got the papers to prove" i continue. "we don't need no one tryna take our freedom. time won't let you stay young, so we gon' love who we wanna love" we sing together once again. 

after about ten minutes i hear the doorbell ring and elle opens it. "hey jess" she greets her happily. "hey elle, i'd hug you but you're all painty" she giggles. "jess you're literally wearing painting clothes" elle sighs. "oh shit yeah" jess laughs and i see them hug. "bil, this is jess. i know you've met before but like.... this is the first time it's been in person" i shrug. "hey" i wave with my free hand without looking away from the wall.

there's something about that jess girl. i don't know what it is but for some reason i don't trust her. maybe that's rude of me. i should give her a chance.

"sorry about that, i was tryna get a tough spot" i shrug and put the roller down before facing her. "it's nice to finally meet you in person" jess tells me. "ditto. i assume elle told you about my brother and his fiance?" i ask. "finneas and claudia?" she guesses. "yep" i nod. "then yes" she says with a small giggle. "great, they're coming over to help us as well" i explain. "fantastic. so how can i help?" she asks, clasping her hands like elle does. "damn, you've already corrupted her huh?" i laugh. "you know what? a lot of people do that" elle defends. "whatever you say" i shrug. 

finneas and claudia arrive about twenty minutes later with some food. "you took so fuckin long, you're legit five minutes away" i laugh. "we brought food but i guess you get none" claudia shrugs. "no! i'm sorry" i frown. "we got you a burrito so here" finneas laughs and throws it at me, making me pretty much dive to save it. "you're so fucking lucky i caught that" i warn him. "i don't think we've met. i'm claudia" she introduces herself to jess. "i'm jess. elle and i have a class together" she explains. "oh, that's cool. finn, come introduce yourself" claudia orders, grabbing finneas's arm and pulling him over to her. "hi, i'm billie's brother finneas" he says with a small smile and extends his hand for jess to shake. she moves his hand into a fist and bumps it. "hey elle, can i talk to you for a sec?" finneas asks. "yeah, sure" elle nods and leads him to another room. "i wonder what that's about" claudia furrows her eyebrows slightly. "what if they're both cheating on us with the other?" i joke. "oh my god don't even say that" claudia rolls her eyes and the wrapper to her burrito at me. "we bought extra tacos by the way. i don't know if you're vegan or anything but we have vegan ones, vegetarian and regular" claudia explains to jess. "oh, thank you" jess smiles and takes one of the burritos. "i wouldn't." claudia warns and jess slowly puts it back and takes a taco. "billie will kill you" claudia informs her as i hold the burritos close to me "got it."