i love you more

title: in my life - the beatles

billie's POV

--------------------------------

elle is at a meeting right now and i have some free time so i'm playing the piano. i play the hill and lighthouse and see finneas watching me. i gesture for him to come over and he sits next to me. "you wanna run through the song?" he asks with a smile. "you read my mind" i answer. 

we play through the song for about an hour until i hear a car door shut from the driveway and quickly start playing the hill as finneas jumps to the couch. elle walks in and kisses my head. "i missed you" she tells me, hugging me. "i missed you too angel" i smile and spin around so i'm facing her. i wrap my arms around her waist and finneas pretends to zip and lock his lips before giving me a thumbs up. i give him a thumbs up back and he walks out. i pull away from the hug and stand up so i can kiss elle. she smiles against the kiss and i smile. "what's going on? why're you smiling so much?" i ask. "what? i can't be happy to see my fiance?" she questions with a small laugh. "no, that's not what i meant. i was just wondering if something happened at the meeting that's all" i shrug. "oh, the meeting? yeah, i get to go down to set tomorrow and show the director exactly what i want him to do. that's all" she says, pretending it's not what she's been wanting for the entire time the movie has been being made. "oh my god! i'm so happy for you" i tell her, pulling her back into a hug. "do you have a meeting today?" she asks. "yeah but i think claudia is staying home. if you want to you could stay back and hang out with her" i suggest. 

mark called me this morning telling me that i probably shouldn't bring elle with me to the meeting today because she was quote "a distraction" i told him he was being ridiculous but he insisted. i told claudia about it and she agreed to stay home because she's been wanting to hang out one on one with elle for a while. 

"oh yeah, that'll be fun" she agrees. "alright, we gotta go really soon. the driver is actually in the driveway." i explain. "oh, okay. i love you so much. if you get hungry let me know and i'll bring you some food" she tells me. "will do. i love you more and i'm going to leave so i get the last word. bye" i shout as i walk out the door. i quickly run in and kiss her before running back outside. "I LOVE YOU MORE" she shouts from the door as i get in the car after finneas. "NO YOU DON'T! I WIN! I WIN! YOU DON'T! I WIN! I LOVE YOU MORE!" i yell as the driver pulls out of the driveway. "you really had to huh?" finneas asks, rubbing his temple. "you're just mad because ellie and i are cuter than you and claudia" i shrug and smile. "that's not- i'm not even going to get into this." he groans.