i'll follow you like a lost puppy

title: love the way you lie part II - rihanna and eminem

elle's POV

------------------------------------

"do you want to see a picture of my dog?" i ask, making jess laugh and nod. i take out my phone and show her a picture. "aw, it's so cute. boy or a girl?" she asks. "he's a boy" i answer. "what's his name?" she asks, still smiling down at the picture. "bear" i tell her. "isn't that what you call billie?" she furrows her eyebrows a little. "yeah, but he looks like his name would be bear" i shrug. "true" she nods. i get a notification and see that billie posted on her story.

i smile and look over to see jess looking at the picture with the same smile

i smile and look over to see jess looking at the picture with the same smile. "you wanna come play with my dog after school?" i ask in a baby voice. "yes" she nods. "billie's family is coming over so their dog and bear can play. i think finneas is bring his dog as well" i explain. "oh, okay" she shorts and goes back to taking notes.

i should start paying attention more often

once i get through all my classes i drive home and i'm instantly greeted by bear running to me. he jumps up and i smile. i pick him up and kiss his nose. "hello, oh hello" i smile and pet him. "ellie?" i hear billie call from the other room. "let's go see what your needy ass mum wants now" i joke and carry him with me to where billie is. "i heard that you know" she glares. "i don't know what you're talking about." i lie. "you- nevermind. you remember that everyone is coming over tonight right?" she asks. "yeah, i thought maybe jess could come too" i shrug. "yeah, that sounds good" she nods. "are we in charge of making dinner?" i ask. "no, mom said she's bringing food" she answers. "okay" i smile a little and sit down next to her. "hey buddy" billie exclaims as she starts petting bear. 

once everyone gets here we go to the backyard and we give everyone the tour because nobody has seen it fully finished except finneas. we let the dogs run around and billie keeps her eye on bear the entire time, making sure he doesn't get hurt. 

after a few hours everyone leaves and we take bear inside. "can he please sleep in the bed with us?" billie begs. "he might pee in our bed billie." i remind her as i kiss his head and put him in his kennel. "oh so it's okay for him to pee in his bed?" she asks. "this is literally made for puppies bil. we're fine." i shake my head with a laugh and stand up. "rude" she sighs. "when he's older" i compromise. "deal" she agrees. we get changed into more comfortable clothes and lay down. billie wraps her arms around me and kisses me before closing her eyes and pulling me closer to her. "i love you" i tell her and boop her nose. "i love you too" she responds tiredly.