figures

title: figures - jessie reyez

jess's POV 

---------------------------------------

"hello babies, hello" i smile as i see elle place blu in her lap. "hello" elle jokes and smiles. "you have a wife" i furrow my eyebrows as a pet blu. "oh shit yeah" she giggles. "has she become best friends with bear like she said she would?" i ask. "they're getting there but i got bear a cup of whipped cream so i'm still the favorite" she shrugs proudly. i offer her one of my airpods and she takes it as she thanks me. i made a playlist of songs i know elle likes and shuffle it, seeing her face light up when DOPE by jessie reyez plays. "fucking jessie reyez dude, holy shit" she sighs and puts her hand over her heart with a smile. "i like to think that i was named after her" i explain. "you're like thirteen years younger than her though" she tells me, furrowing her eyebrows a little. "okay and?" 

for the rest of class elle lets me draw on her as she takes notes and pets blu in her lap. "you should get this tattooed" i suggest as i finish my drawing. "maybe i will" she nods. "when i turn eighteen, we're getting tattoos together" i tell her. "got it" she agrees. "how many do you have anyway?" i ask. she shows me all of her tattoos, she has three by the way, and i admire them, tracing them with my fingertip carefully. "the baddest bitch has tattoos" i say with a quiet laugh. "imma bad bitch you can't kill me" she laughs, making me giggle. "hey, why don't you come over tonight?" i offer. "sure, i'd love too" she answers with a smile. 

for the rest of the day i think about how tonight will play out over and over in my head. i think about what i'm going to get for dinner, what movie we'll watch, if i should clean up the dorm before she comes over. pretty much through all of my classes i think about what i'm going to say to her, how i'm going to word it. maybe i shouldn't go through with this. 

once i get back to my dorm i clean up and change my sheets. i make sure everything is clean and perfect before explaining to my roommate that i'm having a friend over. "what kind of friend?" she wiggles her eyebrows. "nevermind, you don't have to tell me. but should i leave?" she asks. "i mean... i'm going to be talking to her about something really serious so if you wouldn't mind" i suck through my teeth and she nods. "alright, i'm gonna grab a change of clothes and i'll get out of your gorgeous hair" she giggles and gets some clothes. "see you later" i smile a little and wave as she walks out the door. "bye jess" she waves and shuts the door. 

about an hour later someone knocks on the door and i open it, revealing elle and billie with blu on a leash in elle's hand. 

shit.