coming home i'm on my own

title: when the party's over - billie and finneas

elle's POV

----------------------------------

as the plane lands i pick up all my stuff and a guard is waiting for me once i get off the plane. he grabs my bags and i take out my phone as he leads me to the car. i find billie's contact and call her. she almost immediately picks up and i smile a little at the sound of her voice. "hey ellie. how was your flight?" she asks. "it was alright. i just got off and we're headed to the house right now" i explain. "okay, say hi to pepper for me. by the way, if you're super careful you can drive dragon to school. but like i said, be extra careful with my baby" she tells me. "no billie, i'm gonna crash it" i say sarcastically. "first of all, she is not an 'it'. that's a whole ass woman right there. and second, i do not appreciate your sarcastic tone" she informs me. "you sound like my mum" i giggle. "mum" she mocks me. "mom" i mock her. "oh. i have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter" she exclaims. "now you know how i feel. i was born with this voice, i didn't choose it." i remind her. "i love your little voice, you know that" she scoffs. "i know, i like your voice too" i tell her with a small laugh.

we talk throughout the drive home and i facetime her once we get to the house. "pepper!" i exclaim as the dog runs up and jumps on me. "hello babies" i smile and pet her, propping my phone up on the counter as i praise her. "oh i've missed you too" i giggle as she licks my face. "who's that?" i ask her and point to billie. "hello pepper! i miss you" billie says with a big smile on her face. pepper tries to climb onto the counter and licks my phone but i pull her down. "off the counter pepper, you're too big for that" i laugh. "did you just call my dog fat? rude" billie gasps. "no! i didn't! do you want pepper on the counter? i didn't think so" i roll my eyes. "i ordered something for you by the way. it should be coming today" she informs me. "oh, cool. what is it?" i ask. "you'll have to wait and see" she winks with a mischievous smile. "okay" i furrow my eyebrows a little and take my stuff to billie's room, carrying my phone with me. "hey, i found a house in finneas's neighborhood. i thought we could check it out" billie suggests. "is that your way of telling me that you want me to go look at it?" i ask. "tomorrow yes. i can see that you're tired" she answers. "okay, send my the address and i'll go see it tomorrow. do you want me to facetime you while i'm there?" i ask. "yes please" she nods. "look at you, using the word please like i taught you. good girl" i laugh as i start putting my stuff away. "i'm learning" she says in a baby voice. 

i talk to billie for the majority of the day until i hear a knock on the door. i open it and see a mailman with a package in his hands. "sign here" he tells me, handing me a pen and a clipboard. i sign for it and he hands me the box before leaving. "have a goodnight" i yell as he walks to the car. "he was kind of rude" i tell billie as i shut the door. "i know. now open it" she orders, clapping her hands a little. "okay" i agree and grab a knife, cutting the box open. "billie you said-" i start but she cuts me off. "i know what i said. but this is different. if we're going to be apart for a whole month, i know you're going to do it anyway so you might as well do it right." she shrugs. i take out the dildo she sent and laugh under my breath a little. "good point" i nod. "i want to see you use it mama." she tells me, her eyes darkening slightly. "only if you're alone" i say, trying to look around the room she's in but realizing i'm obviously not going to be able to see anything else. "why would i ask you to do that if i weren't alone?" she laughs. "i don't know, you're a complex woman" i shrug, taking the box to billie's room. "strip for me." she demands. "so needy" i giggle. "come on, i already miss you." she frowns. "fine" i shake my head with a small laugh and do as told.