puppy love

title: puppy love - paul anka

billie's POV

-----------------------------------------------

"why are you doing this billie? come on" finneas laughs. "my motherly instincts are kicking in. i'm not a mother yet but i want to be. ergo, puppy" i explain and hold up the small puppy i got for elle and i. "sounds good enough for me but did you even ask elle?" he asks. "no, it's a surprise" i shrug. "but look how cute" i smile and boop the puppy's nose. "very cute" finneas nods.

elle and i are waiting to have children so i decided i'd get a dog instead. it's something for me to take care of until we do have a kid. mom says that pepper was supposed to teach us responsibility but that didn't really work out for me. seeing as i'll be the one taking care of this puppy the most because elle is at college most of the time, this should teach me. i know a dog and a baby are completely different things but still. i feel very attached to this puppy already.

once we get home i look around the house for elle. i realize she's still in class so i set the puppy down and let it explore, walking close behind. finneas laughs as the dog tries to jump back into my arms and i kneel down. "hello baby, hello" i smile and pet him. "oh you're so cute" i giggle and pick him back up. we walk around the house so i can show him everything. every time i put him down he tries to climb up my leg which results in me picking him back up.

i hear the door open and smile. "stay" i order. "you know he probably doesn't know how to do that right?" finneas laughs. "shut up" i roll my eyes and we shut the door before going to get elle. "hey beautiful. how was class?" i ask. "it was good i guess, i missed you though" she shrugs and pecks our lips together. "i have a surprise for you" i tell her. "good or bad?" she asks. "depends on how you look at it" finneas answers and i shush him. "just come on" i say and lead her to our room. once we get there i open the door and the puppy is nowhere to be seen. "oh my god, our room? wow" elle exclaims sarcastically. i look around and find him under the bed and carefully pull him out from under it. "you got a dog?" she asks happily. "yes ma'am" i nod and walk back over to elle so she can pet him. i hand him to her and she frowns. "he's so cute" she whispers and puts her free hand on her heart. "i swear to god if this is a prank and i don't get to keep him i'm going to be pissed" she warns me. "he's ours elle" i laugh. "because billie couldn't have a kid she decided to get a dog. they're the same right" finneas jokes. "shut the fuck up" i roll my eyes and hit his shoulder. "what's his name?" she asks. "i thought i'd let you choose" i answer. "what's your name buddy?" she questions, holding him out in front of her so she can look at him better. "bear" she decides after a while. "i think that fits him" i agree.

39,358 likesbillieeilish: when your wife says you can't have kids yet so you get a puppy instead

39,358 likes
billieeilish: when your wife says you can't have kids yet so you get a puppy instead. this is bear and he is my child
view all comments (14642)
finneas: you said your first kid would be named finneas 😔
billieeilish: @finneas i know, but i got bored of yelling "finneas peed on the carpet again" a few years ago so 🤷🏻‍♀️
view all replies (56)