you are my one true love

title: off to the races - lana del rey

billie's POV

the next morning*

-----------------------------------------------

we booked a private session and we're currently on a boat out to the location we'll be diving at. i listen carefully to the instructor because i actually think it's important for me to hear it and elle smiles widely. we get into the water and follow the woman that is leading us around. as we swim around i watch elle looking at everything in pure admiration. she looks so happy. a sea turtle swims beside elle and she smiles widely. "careful mrs o'connell. it won't bite but it may nip you a bit" the woman informs us, making elle quickly swim closer to me. "i'm kidding, that's crush. he's the sweetest sea turtle you'll ever meet." she laughs. crush follows elle and rubs against her, letting her touch his shell. she grabs my hand and runs it over the shell. she smiles widely at me as the turtle swims away and we continue.

after we finish scuba diving we get back to the hotel and i look up things to do. i find out you can rent a self drive boat so you don't have to deal with instructors and shit. "that sounds fun right?" i ask. "yeah" elle nods with a smile. "great, i'll figure out where we can do that" i tell her.

about an hour later we get on a boat and the guy tells us how to drive it. it's a relatively small boat but not too small. it's about lunch time so elle and i had picked up some food and decided to have a picnic on the boat before we left. we get out on the water and i steer us far enough out that we'll be comfortable. meanwhile elle has been setting everything but and we've been listening to music. i stop the boat and park it before sitting down next to elle. she smiles at me without saying a word but just looking at me until i blush. "what?" i giggle. "you're beautiful billie" she tells me with the same smile. i feel my heart melt and kiss her. "i love you gorgeous" i say after pulling away. "i love you too" she responds and feeds me a piece of fruit.

we spend almost three hours just doing whatever we felt like on the boat and eventually we have to drive back. "you wanna drive?" i ask. "i thought you'd never ask" she smiles mischievously. "just don't crash and kill us. please." i say nervously. "shut up, if i can drive a car i can steer a boat" she rolls her eyes and hits me playfully. "yeah you can totallyyyy drive" i mumble. "i am a good driver!" she exclaims. "oh the best" i agree sarcastically. "you're probably right. i'm not an amazing driver" she pouts. "you manage though. i've seen far worse" i comfort her and giggle a little. 

we get back to our place and change into different clothes. we were invited to a private luau by the place that owns the resort. once we get there we are welcomed by people singing bad guy with several instruments i've never seen before. elle and i watch in awe and they stop when it gets to the part. "duh" i say with a smile and they continue. elle giggles and puts her arm over me, pulling me close to her and kissing the side of my head. for the rest of the luau they do some truly crazy shit. they were just throwing fucking torches around, scariest fucking thing. at one point there were hula dancers and elle ran up and joined them. she was a god damn natural. she grabbed my hand and pulled me up with her and i watched as she did everything perfectly.

fuck she's absolutely perfect

the luau ended at around ten and we went back to our suite. "watching you dance like that, holy shit" i whisper and pull her close to me. "fuck i've needed you for i don't know how long" she moans and smashes her lips to mine.