they took my dog away

title: pet cemetery - tierra whack

elle's POV

----------------------------------------

"okay blu, you wanna go to college?" i ask, kissing his nose. he licks my face and i laugh a little. "i'll take that as a yes" i respond and pick him up. "i love you bil" i tell her and kiss her. "i love you too. have a good day. don't get blu taken away" she says and i giggle a little. i get blu's harness on and say goodbye to bear before taking blu out to the car and buckling him in. i take a picture of him and post it on my snapchat story before pulling out of the driveway.

 i take a picture of him and post it on my snapchat story before pulling out of the driveway

i get to the school and unbuckle blu, who has somehow fallen asleep already. i carefully put him in my bag and take another picture of him. i kiss his head and zip the bag up a little but not so much that it's completely shut, just enough that no one can see him and he can still breathe.

 i kiss his head and zip the bag up a little but not so much that it's completely shut, just enough that no one can see him and he can still breathe

i post that on my snap story as well and walk inside. i sit down and jess sits next to me several minutes later. "guess what" i whisper. "what?" she asks. i unzip the bag a little more and her eyes widen. "oh my god" she covers her mouth and giggles a little. i take blu out and place him on my lap, petting him softly as i try to pay attention. "can i hold him?" she asks in a whisper. "yeah" i nod and hand him to her. she frowns and holds him close to her. "he's so cute" she tells me, scratching behind his ear and making him smile in his sleep. 

"elle? is there something going on?" the teacher asks. i quickly put blu back in the bag as the teacher makes his way up to me. "no, nothing to see here" i shake my head. "please unzip your bag" he sighs. i do as i'm told and he laughs. "can i hold him?" he asks with a big smile. "um... yeah but my wife said not to get him taken away so i'll need him back." i explain, taking him out and handing him to the teacher. "aw, you're so cute" he giggles and kisses blu's head. "i'm sorry sir. i didn't think you'd catch me" i suck through my teeth. "just talk to me after class please. i'm going to keep him for the rest of the class, he's the new teacher" he laughs and carries him down to the front where he was teaching. he sets blu on the desk and he sits down. he sticks his tongue out a little, like he always does, and everyone laughs. 

after class i gather my stuff and walk down to talk to the teacher. "once again, i apologize. i just have really bad anxiety when it comes to school and i'm trying to get the papers for him to become a therapy dog i just haven't gotten the time" i explain as he hands blu back to me. "oh, i didn't know that was the case. you go ahead and bring blu in anytime you need. if you need your wife come in as well, that's fine too. anything to get you through the day." he says with a small smile. "thank you mr olsen." i smile. "no problem. you can go now" he tells me. i nod and laugh a little, putting blu back in my bag and carrying him to my next class. 

i actually didn't get caught for the rest of the day. i'm driving home right now. "you wanna go to starbucks?" i ask. obviously blu says nothing in return but i take it as i yes. i get a drink for myself and billie and a cup of whipped cream for blu. i park in the lot and record him eating the whipped cream and send it to billie before driving home. 

today was actually a really good day, i should get the papers to make him a therapy dog. or bear, either of them. i know i've needed something to get me through school for the past years, i just didn't know what that was until now.