forty-seven

A Plan is Born

~•°•~

Lois trudged behind Ignacios with her eyes burning through his skill. It felt like she no longer had her grasp on him. That was the only thing she was afraid of losing. She wanted to keep him under her feet, his head on her lap, and his ear near her lips.

To control him.

And him holding that witch of wolf-like she was the most delicate thing in his world was not control. Admitting what it really felt like was out of the question. Damn the jealousy in her heart. What was love when you had power?

She was going to be a Luna in less than two weeks and Lyra would pay for the whore she was. Lois could only imagine driving a knife through the whore’s thick skull.

Her hand grabbed for his wrist and pulled him to her. As he did, the chilling cold he held within his eyes froze her. She swallowed and kept her expression.

“How dare you humiliate me like that?” She pressed, pushing his chest with a sudden force.

“I don’t need to do that, Lois. You’re already doing a very good job at doing that yourself.” He retorted.

Ignacios stepped away and moved past her, but her swift hand pulled him back to her again. She no longer wanted to be denied what she truly wanted. This was her only shot of gaining some kind of normalcy. The normalcy that she had always wanted ever since she was young. And with that feeling of normal, there came acceptance.

From her mother, from Jay, from her father, and from her mate, Felix. And for the most part, being the Luna was the nearest thing from that. She was accepted by the whole pack and it was the best feeling.

“You’re a bastard.” She shrieked.

He paused and stared at her. A shiver runs up her spine as a frightening grin slowly spread across his lips. The courage she held tumbled down as he straightened his back and towered over her. Like the wolf he was, she saw his jaw tick with held back rage.

“A bastard?” A humorless chuckle erupted from him. “Lois, if you see me as a bastard, how do you see your self?”

“I see myself as a strong wolf that will do anything, anything, to get what she wants.”

He glared at her. “No, Lois, you’re not strong. If anything, you are desperate.”

With rage and spite, her hand flew up to his cheek and smacked him. A painful and sickening sting reverberated across the hall where they stood. It was all his fault, she thought. He of all people should know that. Saying something against her will was a mistake. She could ruin him with one word.

As the stinging pain lingered on the palm of her hand, her stoic and unwavering stance stayed still. Looking weak in front of the likes of him was the last thing she wanted to do. Her iron reserve only glowed in her eyes. Ignacios turned away, contemplating walking away. But before he could make any decision, she spoke.

“So you love her then?”

“It surprises me how you couldn’t see that earlier.”

Her jaws locked with displeasure. “Then I guess the only way to fix all of this is to make her disappear.”

Ignacios charged and forced her to step back until she was pinned between the wall and his massive body. She gulped at the energy he exuded. It was suffocating but enthralling at the same time. An Alpha’s musk is what they called it.

“Hurt me, hurt me and only me. But if you lay one finger on her, I promise to the Moon, you will not be walking out of here alive.” His hand gripped her arm with force, almost breaking it.