thirty-three

Alpha
~•°•~

After the pack dinner’s festivities, Ignacios retired to his room. He was still on the high from being able to kiss her. Something he never expected to happen.

His only hope was her, and if that kiss meant anything, nothing could ever bring him down.

Even Lois, but he knew she would still prove to be trouble.

Knowing her, she had a lot of things hidden under her grimy sleeves.

As he sat in his bed, he looked outside on the balcony, recalling the kiss from hours before. Maybe he was going obsessed but he could swear, he still felt her lips caressing his, the feel of her skin still burning on the palm of his hands.

Even his wolf snickered, much to his dismay, it seemed like his wolf only responded when it felt like it.

In a hurried pace, his door exploded with rushed knocks. He groaned, standing up with a scowl on his face. He opened his door, the color on his face quickly draining away as he spot his Beta covered with blood.

“Diego,” he says, trying to help his limping Beta. “are you okay? What happened?”

He was filled with worry, making his best to anchor Diego’s ailing body. The smell of blood entered his nose, causing him to cringe. But what caught his attention was the strong stench of a foreigner wolf, something he wasn’t expecting.

“A wolf sent from the Midlands, it attacked me and took the doctor with it.” Diego says.

“Fuck,” He cursed, slinging Diego’s arm over his shoulder and carried him through the halls. “we gotta get you to the pack clinic.”

Anger overtook him. He couldn’t help but feel so torn, feeling useless and completely irresponsible. He should have gone with them, then maybe he could have saved the Easterner and his Beta.

“I’m okay, sir.”

“No, you’re not, Diego. You’re still bleeding through your bandages, you’ll need some stitches.” He shook his head.

He made sure to act as fast as he could, finding the way to the in house clinic with haste. He pushed the door open with his foot, poking his head into the room and calling out for help.

“Help, please.” He yells into the room, causing the nurse in charge to stumble on his feet.

“Dear, Moon.” The nurse helped him place the bleeding Beta on a bed. “What happened?”

“Attacked by wolves from the Midlands.” Ignacios shook his head in frustration.

“Damn them, they’ve been trying to break into our borders ever since that red-headed whore came back.” The nurse spitefully bursts. “I swear she brings all the bad luck into our pack.”

Ignacios widened his eyes. Suddenly feeling irritated by the harsh words the nurse had just uttered. It was obvious who he meant by that and all he felt was outrage.

“I’m sorry, what’s your name?” Ignacios asked, masking his anger by remaining stoic.

“Jules, Sir.” He nervously answers, all the while inspecting Diego.

“Watch where you’re poking that finger, wolf.” The Beta barked as Jules accidentally pressed his finger too harshly on to his wounds.

“Sorry, still really fresh on the job.” He says with a shaky tone.

Ignacios took a step back from them, crossing his arms over his chest. If he was a few more inches near him, he would have socked the nurse straight on his face.