eight

I am Jasper

~•°•~

Lyra slumped on her table, groaning as the pain in her head monstrously grew into annoyance. Her nose was buried under a ton of books that she desperately needed to read for her exams. College was a thing now for her.

Her dreams of being a healer for her pack continued. Instead of being in a pack, she planned on being a doctor for humans. That was the ultimate goal for now as she lived alone.

It has been three years since she left him and life was duller and at the same time, alive. Her first year of going through the woods ended when he met a man that helped her with fixing her life. His name was Evangelo Ybarra.

He helped her build herself back up again, let her go to school, and let her be freed. If it wasn't for Evan, she would still be homeless. His help was the blessing she thought she would never receive. After all, who would have thought they would get to be happy after they were cursed by the Moon?

Her home was located on the side of a road, away from the city and the people, just outside the Eastern border. Her interactions with people were limited to her teachers, classmates, and the friendly old lady that works on the checkout counter from the grocery store.

The familiar bell from her door made her head pop up. She could smell the person standing in front of her door, something that annoyed the most was that, even though that her group of friends was obscenely small, she wanted it to be smaller by killing the person outside her home.

She resisted the urge to groan but the ringing insisted. With a huff, she pushed herself off the floor from her warm kotatsu and stood up, minding how cold her legs felt from wearing only shorts in a very cold month. Her feet trudged through the halls as she tried to compose herself, slapping her cheek to shake off the drowsiness that plagued her.

"Lyra!" the person said through her door. "Open up, my balls are practically freezing off out here."

She let her hand twist the doorknob, opening the door. She frowned immediately when she saw the smile brighter than a thousand suns combined and the azure stare that always irked her.

"Oh God, you look like shit." He said, chuckling as he cupped her cheeks, checking her out like a caring brother.

"Put a lid on it, Alexander. I'm not in the mood to play your stupid games." She hissed, making him raise a brow.

Alexander Dela Fuente had the appeal of a man you most commonly see in the movies or from a magazine modeling for men's underwear. He was courteous and charming, confident in his own right but obscenely stupid in people's care. He was a chunk of wicked manhood that stood six feet tall above the ground.

He loved women and everything about them, but it just seemed like all the girls he gets were all after his fortune. Being the son of a five-star company owner based in another country had its fair share of ups and downs.

He was wearing a thick jacket, underneath it was a black shirt that read "Too Hot for Heaven!". His blue unwashed jeans looked like it hasn't been washed for several days now, only raising the level of her annoyance.

He smiled at her, "That's not how you treat a friend." He scolded.

She rolled her eyes, pushing his hands away from her face. She thought of a way to dispose of him calmly, but all that was going on in her mind was the urge to drive her kitchen knife through his throat.