twenty-four

Trust
~•°•~

The smell of old dusty books made Lyra scrunch her nose in a displeased expression. For some reason, the pack's old library never really hit her taste. Mostly because she never liked reading too much and instead went into the shalery to join combat. And the other reason was that her aunt Sophia worked there as the bookkeeper if she wasn't at school teaching kids basic knowledge about wolves. Probably more horrifying was that they haven't seen each other for years and knew that her aunt would be both surprised and mad to see her.

After meeting Felix back in Edward's log cabin, she went her way to see her estranged old aunt. The wolf who denied every connection to her. As Lyra made her way through the tall shelves of books, her eyes peeked around every aisle, trying to locate the wolf she was after. At the very end of the hall, she picked up a scent, it's immediate familiarity making her grimace as she trudged to where it came from. Lyra caught the sight of her aunt, pushing a cart full of books.

"Aunt Sophie," she said, finding the word aunt very alien. "can I please speak with you?"

Slowly, Sophia looked over her shoulder, widening her eyes as soon as she set her gaze on Lyra. "You're here." She said.

"For answers." Lyra grabbed the crumpled photo that was deep in the pocket of her jeans.

Sophia's brows furrowed, her eyes glazed with noticeable confusion. "Answers? For what, exactly?"

"My mother and father," she showed her the photo. The confusion in her aunt's eyes no longer stayed as wet signs of undeniable tears started to appear. Lyra felt her heart tug, not expecting to see her usually coldhearted aunt tear up. "I know you know the truth."

For a split second, Sophia backed away. Raising her brows as a neat little frown started to appear on her lip. "Whe-where?" she stuttered as she walked towards Lyra, her eyes glazed with pained tears. "Where did you get that?"

Slowly, she handed Sophia the photo, the old woman's hands quivered with the lightest touch from the picture. She watched as her aunt teared up.

"I thought every single one of her photos was burnt," Sophia continued, wiping her cheeks. She touched the photo, sliding her hand across the part of the photo with her sister. "Oh, Christine. I missed you."

"So they're really my parents," she whispered, feeling her heart swell with undeniable happiness. Now she knew how they looked like. "Can you tell me anything, just something about them."

Sophia raised her gaze, meeting Lyra's. "We can't talk here. Let's go back to my place."

She followed her aunt, walking slowly beside her. Emotions swam all over inside of her. She could barely contain the feeling of exhilaration of founding out of who she really was. Half an hour later, they were already at Sophia's house. Lyra vaguely remembered only being here twice, both ending up terribly.

As she entered the house, both of them sat down in the living room. Lyra stayed quiet, biting her lip in anxiousness. Sophia smiled, meekly watching her.

"I believe it's time," Sophia said, placing a hand on top of her chest. "I guess, even if I don't like you at least deserve some kind of truth."

Lyra nodded, letting her eyes wander through the walls beautifully cluttered with photos. She noticed not a single one had her mother on it, she guessed Stylinson was really serious about trying to erase her parent's history.

"Tell me, what did they really do?" Lyra asked.

"I don't even know, all I heard was Todd had a fight with the Alpha. Somehow, their mates got involved. Stylinson was there, he tried to stop it, but he couldn't."