Prologue

She held her herself strongly against the tidal like waves of emotions that flooded her insides with every step he took away from her. She couldn't bear seeing him just walk away with his head hung low. Her wolf begged her to chase after him, but her guarded heart stayed true to her choice and stood rooted on the ground, tears falling down her cheeks.

'I loved you, too.'

And with every step he took away from her, parts of her world started to crumble, leaving only despair in his wake.

~•°•~

Temporary cover made by me

~•°•~

In a thin veil of secrets, there she was. Lyra lived with her head hung low and lips curved into a smile. Even though her life was made out of broken glass and half-baked lies, she graced life with a very sunny disposition.

But, that soon changes when she discovers her mate is the person she had least expected it to be and gets her heartbroken.

The boy she grew up loving as her own brother.

Conflicted and hurt, she finds herself spiraling down and out-of-place.

After years of moving on and leading a new life, she's thrown back to where it all started, seeing things had drastically changed. But, her return only starts to brew something sinister. Letting secrets show themselves painfully slow.

Broken dreams start to haunt her again as she discovers what it means to be stronger than herself and learning to let go of the past proved to be the hardest thing she could ever do.

~•°•~

Jino 💕