forty-one

What is a Story?

~•°•~

Edward sighed as he stepped onto the porch of his home just outside of Alpha Agoncillo of the West. He stomped his boots on the stair, shaking off dirt under his boots. He cleared his throat as he opened the door. To his surprise, Stylinson came into his view, sitting on a couch tucked away in a dark corner. Stylinson's stoic expression seemed to upset Edward as he walked pass by him, hanging his head.

He went into his bathroom, sitting on the floor. His hand dove into the inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out an apple, rubbing it onto his shirt and bit it. Edward idly sat on the floor staring at the ceiling as he munched on the apple. Hearing a knock, he looked down on the door, seeing Stylinson leaning against the doorframe, a frown spread across his face.

“Edward,” He started, but only angered Edward.

“Don’t!” He says. “Just don't, please.”

Edward threw the apple core at Larry, in an attempt to shoo him off.

“So a schmuck like you have been living in this pigsty huh?” Larry taunted.

Edward chuckles shaking his head in disappointment and hopelessness Larry bit the insides of his lips as he breathed sharply.

“Carmina is dead.” Larry said seriously.

The words made Ned look up with a glint of sadness in his eyes. His breath suddenly hitched as if a burning pain inside of him was triggered by Larry's confession.

“Todd and Christine too.”

Edward could only frown, hiding the pain in his eyes.

His world crumbled as he struggled to stand up. His hands found themselves on the collars of Larry's black shirt. Edward lifted him up, staring into his's face.

“And the girl?” He growled.

Stylinson furrowed his brows as he tried to speak. “What girl?” He struggled to say.

“Lyra! My daughter, Lyra. ” He slammed him onto the wall.

He felt so stupid. It was the moment where he started to regret his life choices.

The decision he thought was the right thing had come falling down his feet.

Larry stared with shock, guilt in his eyes. “You need to come with me right away.”

Stylinson yelped in pain as Edward's hands tightened around his neck.

With no hesitation, Edward skidded to his room, grabbing what he can as he dashed out of his home.

~•°•~

Edward strode through the corridors of the pack, feeling his heart beat at a dangerous pace. His throat burned with anticipation as he rushed into Jophiel's room. Once his door was in his sight, Larry quickly blocked the way, huffing his chest.

“Get the fuck out of my way.” He growled.

“You don't want to see him right now.” Larry frowns.

“Then fucking tell me how they died, Larry!”

Larry took his time as he breathed in heavily. He looked at Edward and explained everything. Hearing the words that came out of Stylinson's mouth, Edward could not help but feel sick as he listened. Carmina always seemed like a very sweet wolf who took her relationship with Jophiel so seriously.

Edward wondered what will be the effects on their children after they grow up and find out about this. It hurt him to think that this will damage them forever.

“And Christine? ” he asks.

“She knew that this was happening. It started a few years back but she was just too afraid to tell them and ruin the Luna's image.”

“How did she die?”

She let herself get mauled by rouges in the Midlands.”

“I’ll take my daughter and leave. Show me to her.” Edward says seriously.

Stylinson gave him a sad look as silence shrouded over them. “I’m sorry Edward. But I did what I had to do to cover up every trace of Luna Carmina's shameful deed. I made a story.”

His heart tightened as he glared at the wolf in front of him. “What story?”

“I'm sorry Edward. But no one will let the daughter of Luna Carmina's murderers escape the Northern land's grasp.” Larry raised his chin.

He could not believe what he had just heard. The idea was insane. Surely no one would believe him right?

But then again, it was he who cowardly gave up his daughter. There was no one else to blame but him.

“But she is my daughter!” he argued and raised his voice, pushing him away.

“And I am your Alpha!” Larry says.

“You would ruin the life of a child so you could protect someone who already ruined theirs?!” Edward exclaimed.

“I will do anything in my power to keep the Alpha's position.”

Larry's true colors were now showing through him. It disgusted Edward. It was all unbelievable.

If the pack knew about Carmina's adultery, they would choose another a new leader. Jophiel will lose his position and Larry would meet the same fate but with the lie he had told the pack, their anger will be diverted to his daughter.

To Lyra.

“You are disgusting.”

Larry locked his jaw. “You will submit to me.”

The magnificence in his voice had Edward step back as he stared into Larry's burning eyes of fury. The audacity of this man was unbearable. Although he was indeed the Alpha in charge, all Edward saw was an enemy whose hunger for power made him nullify the truth.

“Jopheil is here. You are not the Alpha.” His voice was daunting, filled with hate and anger.

Larry narrowed his eyes and aimed a punch towards Edward's face but they stop as a subtle voice calling for Edward slowly crept out of Jophiel's door. He stared at Larry who was fuming in anger while his nostrils flared up. He shook his head before moving away.

Sighing lightly, Edward entered Jophiel's room, slowly closing the door behind him. His eyes stared at Jophiel who was sitting straight on his large superfluous bed. Edward cleared his throat catching Jophiel's attention.

Jophiel gave him a melancholic smile before saying. “Neddy.”

Edward could only smile back as he looked at his Alpha.

“Hello.”

~•°•~

Okay,  I promise this is the last update for this week.  😂

I'm sorry! I wanted to include this on the last update but thought it would just make it a bit longer.

So I ended up separating it.

I hope you like the chapter!

And again, please tell me your thoughts. It would be amazing to hear them.

Comment and vote.  💕

Loving you always,
Jino