forty-two

Likeness
~•°•~

Something in the past had always bothered Felix when he was young. He wanted to scream. The dark cloud of defeat that always hung above him was Ignacios. His older brother that always smiled, not a care in the world as everyone looked at him with awe and sheer pride.

But what about him?

He was an Alpha too.

Why had did no one looked at him the same way people looked at Iggy?

A thought crossed him as it now became clear where his fear started. It was his seventeenth birthday, a celebration he thought was of least importance. As long as he had Lois by his side, he would be unstoppable.

That day, he prided himself knowing he had been paired with a very beautiful wolf. He didn’t care if no one celebrated his birthday with him, as long as he came home to his mate, everything was fine. As darkness rolled in, he came home from guarding his post on the borders.

As he walked towards his room, the strong scent of his older brother caught him by surprise as he crossed the pack-house’s foyer. His neck crane slightly to the left. He was greeted with Iggy’s smiling face as he cast his eyes towards Lyra. Felix pursed his lips.

Moon! How could my brother be more obvious? He sighed as he took a detour and went to his brother’s side.

“Hey.” He says to his brother.

“Felix, glad you’re back from the border.” His brother looked down at his feet. “It’s your birthday, after all, we should celebrate.”

Ignacios hung his arm around Felix, pulling him closer. It was a distraction. He knew his brother way too much to not see the fact that he was already shaking in fear. Nervousness, more appropriately. Felix grinned, looking up to his brother with a mischievous stare.

“You know, I heard, Thomas Highlander is planning out ask our little sister for a date.”

Iggy turned to his brother. Checkmate was the word that popped into his mind.

“Is that true? He wants to date, Lyra?”

Of course, it wasn’t true. Thomas, although he was a well-built wolf able to fight Ignacios, would never step into the line of fire that is the Alpha’s anger. His brother’s weakness for Lyra only made him smile wider.

“He doesn’t just want to date her. He wants to go to third base with her.”

Ignacios paused, brows creased together into a thin line as a sense of befuddlement plagued him.

“Third base…?”

“God, you’re such a clueless virgin. He wants to park the pram into the driveway.”

“Felix, no! That’s disgusting.” Iggy bit his lips, becoming silent as anger now overtook him. “Are you sure about this, did he really tell you that?”

“Yeah, he planned a dinner date for the both of them tonight.” He smiles. “Or, you know, if I were you, I’d just go and ask her out for dinner right now, this moment or, you could have a little heart to heart talk with Thomas.”

And by heart to heart, Felix meant fist to fist. He snickered, he would pay a hundred dollars to watch the fight.

Ignacios raised his gaze towards the auburn-haired wolf across the room. A sigh erupted from him and he stood still, the softness in his eyes mixed with longing was a clear sign of him being irrevocably in love with her. He walked to her side, speaking with her. A sudden glint of joy shined within her eyes and for that moment, Felix felt the happiest.