fifty-one

~•°•~

Lyra never felt so loved before. Not even when she and Evan, the Alpha of the East were together. The kinetic touch between their bare, naked skin was pulling her deeper into a well of uncapped happiness the likes of which she had never seen nor touched before.

Only now when she laid under the heavy weight of her beating heart beside Ignacios that she felt truly alive.

Every worry in her system had ceased to exist. For a moment, she leads herself to believe that Gael was fine, Lois wasn’t destroying her life, and Edward was telling her the truth.

The wolf beside her calmed her frustration and she hoped that their heated dance helped him ease the torrent that was in his mind. The wedding and his wolf were both weighing him down.

She nuzzled her face into his hairy chest and wished everything was different. His body reacted with a jolt, causing Lyra to chuckle. Ignacios runs his hand down her arm and breathes heavily.

“So that’s why it feels like.” He murmurs.

She had almost forgotten that it was his first time with how masterfully took her.

“Being with you feels different. It’s not the same for other people.”

Lyra had only been with two wolves before. Her first was Evan and now, her true mate. She didn’t regret giving first to the Eastern Alpha but was instead happy that she had met him. Now that she was with Ignacios, the pale flames Lyra and Evan had failed in comparison when she and Ignacios kissed and embraced each other's body.

He was simply more.

Like bursts of energy overlooking all that was looming over their heads.

He only smiles.

“You deserve more than just leaves and twigs. And to think I’ve fantasized about this whole moment for so long ago.”

She looks at him. “This was perfect but I should be honest. I never expected this to happen.”

“Me neither. It all seems like an endless dream that I don’t want to wake up from. I swear in my heart, I’m getting us out of this mess and I’m going to start with pulling out from the wedding.”

His tone was set dead serious. It was enough to make her shudder. Though the idea of Ignacios calling off the wedding somewhat agreeable, that would mean he would lose all of his pack members’ support and it wasn’t something Lyra wanted to happen.

Lois would only play the victim and claim Ignacios abused her in a sinister and evil way.

She deeply sighed.

“No. You can’t do that. We don’t know what Lois is hiding under her sleeves. She will ruin your reputation.”

She felt his chest rise and fall.

“In light of all this, you still think I care for my reputation? If I were given a chance to throw away something in order to keep you, then I rather throw away my title as Alpha and everything that comes along with it just to keep you forever. I made my mistake of losing you before and I am not doing the same thing again.”

“You didn’t make any mistake.”

“But I did. Jealousy caused me to lose myself to Lois.”

“She took advantage of you.”

Just like how Lois took advantage of Gael. She ruined him and in the process, scarring him.

“It was my fault.” His voice was calm. “I let her took advantage of me because I was hurt.”