five

Blame
~•°•~

Lois Quezon, the name of the amber-eyed wolf that had claimed her mate. She knew that after it was announced earlier today. Lyra kept her sanity intact by sealing herself in her room.

What was she to do when the world had suddenly turned upside-down?

Maybe she was only being cynical when she said she wanted to see the whole world burn into nothingness when her mate marked another. The whole ordeal still left a scorching hot pain on her neck.

While her body lay limped on the floor, her thoughts fired up and raged a strong storm of emotions. She couldn't fathom the betrayal that her mate has done.

He built her up, only to hit her with a wrecking ball later.

She remembered looking outside her room window, her eyes catching ablaze when she spotted Ignacios, back from his morning run. He looked as if nothing had happened. He was a man, full of life and in his prime. Not a sense of remorse for the pain he had caused her.

She knew to get him back was merely a dream, that's why she gave up and planned her leave. She was going away for good, hopefully.

The idea of him was a mistake to even think about. But who could blame her?

Your mate marking another wolf was the worst sight someone could ever behold.

She held onto herself, frowning as she hoisted herself up from the cold wooden floor and flopped herself onto the bed. She knew it was only the gullible side of her longed to be on his side, but right now, that was all she could think of.

To know what it would be like to be engrossed and completely drowning in his embrace. Somewhere in her, the idea of missing his signs crossed her mind. He had always been close to her. His touch was all she needed to know, especially now that he was her mate.

Her eyes spotted the glass of water on her desk, biting her lower lip as she thought of her fate. Was death sure if you lived on without your mate? The saddest thing, worse than death is when your wolf is cleaved away from you.

You can cleave something together, and you can cleave something apart.

That is a fact to every wolf, but that something can never be your wolf. Once the wolf dies, the human stays behind. Not knowing who he is, completely devoid of his memories back when he was still a wolf.

Her hand fished the vial of Wolfsbane extract in her pocket, tracing the edges of the glass container as tears left streaks down her sullen cheeks.

Maybe it was time, to end what never started.

Even her wolf was on board, her low howls and inactiveness struck her to the core. Its sadness making Lyra weak and vulnerable.

With trembling legs, she stood up and poured the poison into the water, emptying the glass vial for a sure death. Just a little would only render her immobile, a lot would kill her within mere seconds.

From a crystal clear liquid, the water turned into a murky shade of deep purple. Her throat itched from the thirst as she gazed at the harbinger of her death. With her breathing heavy, she picked up the glass and took a quick sniff, crunching her nose for the weird smell the concoction had emitted.

She heaved herself, the will to live was now only a dream. She tilted her head and let her lips touch the brim of the glass when suddenly her door opened abruptly, making her gasp in shock.

“Lyra I—what the hell do you think you're doing?!” Felix’s voice made her jump.

Her grip on the glass loosened, making the glass shatter on the floor with its liquid following.