twenty-eight

~•°•~

Ignacios walked with a tight frown on his face. He had expected her to be disappointed and he wasn’t surprised. In his mind, he imagined barking down Lois and throwing her out of the pack.

In his state of rage, he made a turn towards Lois’ room. He trudged into her room and slammed her door open. Near the window, there she stood. Face completely devoid of any emotions. His lips twitched and his wolf squirmed.

He wanted to draw blood, terrible anger flowing in his veins. He wondered what would happen if he did hurt Lois. Intense heat crawled under his skin as he took short heavy steps towards her. Iggy’s eyes darkened, his heart beating faster by the minute. The overwhelming emotions he had succumbed to was enough to shake his wolf awake.

Stop, Ignacios.” His wolf called out for him, causing him to freeze. “She’s not worth it.”

Ignacios watched Lois with a confused look on her face. He stopped, realizing what he was about to do. He had almost hurt her, with his own child inside of her. He trembled, so it’s true. It was his wolf’s child. Why else would it talk to him?

Lois shook her head, raising her chin in defiance.

“What are doing here?” She asked, her voice sounding completely disgusting for him.

He kept his mouth shut, trying to calm his emotions. He turned and looked at away, but something in him, his stubborn side made him want to speak.

“Is this what you want, Lois?” he asked through gritted teeth. “Answer me.”

“If you meant seeing you go insane, then maybe.” She moved across the room and sat on her bed, anchoring her body with her arms as she threw her head back.

He followed her movement, seeing a smile on her lips as she victoriously stared at him.

“You really are a despicable monster.” He muttered. “The only thing you’re good at is ruining lives.”

“Funny you should say that.” shrugging, she flopped on her bed. “I guess, I'm already good at it now.”

Ignacios looked over his shoulder, seeing the sorrow in her eyes. The way it glistened with melancholy almost fooled him, but he knew better he didn’t want to fall for it anymore. So before he could say anything, he slowly brought himself out of the room. Lois was full of lies, and Ignacios was her pawn, now he knew that.

~•°•~

After Ignacios left, Lois let herself drift into her thoughts. He was right, she was good at ruining everything. She didn’t mean for it, but things happened a long time ago, causing her to lose her older twin brother, Jay.

Lois never had a perfect childhood, her life was a twisted knot of pain. Wherein every corner, there hid a punch, a slap, a hurtful word, or the disapproving eyes of her stepfather. No matter how hard she worked for his love and affection, she was only greeted with a sharp sneer.

She was only twelve-years-old when she discovered everything that made her happy was quickly taken away from her. It was back home, from her original pack, the South.

“Lois! Come on dad’s going to be pissed when he finds out we’re not home.” Jay, her twin older brother says with a hushed tone.

“Relax, Ben’s going to have to deal with it. It’s not our fault he had kids with mom.” She eagerly spat.

Jay frowned, his disapproving head shake made her sigh. They were currently beside a river, playing in the water. The gushing sound of liquid only piqued Lois’ curiosity. She wanted to learn how to swim, like her brother.