nineteen

Stretch
~•°•~

I love each and every single one of you! Enjoy. <3

Also, this chapter kinda gets spoiler-y.

~•°•~

As he laid on his bed, he couldn't deny the fact that every second that passed his heart slowly burnt to crisp. Her ginger red hair fixed in a ponytail was cascading down the side of her face. She looked bewildered, almost scared as both of them exchanged looks.

He controlled the urge to speak and ruin their silence. It was enough for him, knowing that, having her near him was already the best thing that could ever happen. He didn't wish for much, but what he did want to do was to slowly caress her beautiful freckled face, to bury his nose into her auburn hair, and keep her close like he did when they were still kids.

“Ignacios, is there something wrong?” She asked.

The distance of her voice almost made him flinch. Her glacier cold tone burnt with overwhelming intensity. He realized he was in no place to be speaking with her. He rejected her after all, it was just a mere miracle with her still be being on his side after he saw her in the woods.

“Nothing, it’s just, I don't even know anymore.” He spoke honestly. His gaze faltered when she scowled

“Stop staring at me then.”

Reluctantly, he tore his eyes away from her, looking at his hands. He was afraid, what if he looked away and blinked, waking up from a dream?

He didn't know what was real and fake anymore. He had spent too much time being inside his wolf.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “I just can't believe I'm here.”

She rolled the conflict that was glazed over her eyes. Sighing as he leaned over to him, placing her hand on his forehead. He was taken aback, making him flinch on her sudden action. Ignacios grabbed her wrist, squeezing it in his hand. He felt a quick jolt run up his body.

“Your skin, it's so soft.” He murmured.

“Well, you don't have a fever.” She said, pulling her hand away from him.

He laughed, noticing the irritated expression that plagued her beautiful face. He couldn't help but feel a surge of content, even though that his feeling for her was overflowing like a broken sink, he held it under his grasp. For if he lost control, he would only scare her away. And that was the last thing she would ever want to do.

“I’m fine,” his deep groggy voice said, his vulnerability showing through his open eyes. “it's just I’m a little bit sore.”

“After the killing spree you did, who wouldn't be sore?” She shrugged.

He fell into silence, looking at his hands. When he saw how the female wolf held Lyra by the neck, he couldn't contain himself. He knew he needed to act fast, and with one swift movement, he quickly reaped the lives of the wolves that threatened to kill her. For him, it almost didn't matter who they were. Because if she disappeared, then what was the point of ever living?

“They were my first ever kill,” he confessed.

“Right, somehow I don't believe you.” She said with a spiteful tone.