twenty-one

Promises
~•°•~

Lois stood atop the stairs, her heart beating in a mess as she stared at the wolf in front of her. His eyes, grey and calming slowly eating her from the inside. Her legs had dissolved into mush as she leaned against the banister. Felix was back, for a reason still not known to her. Still, she was somehow pleased and afraid of what was to come. It was clear who he had come for. It was certainly not Ignacios, not her, or nobody except the ratchet shewolf with crimson red hair. It made her heart drop.

She slowly managed to move down the stairs, her legs quaked with every step she took. It was one of those times where she needed to face the problem right now. She wasn't the confrontational type, but anything involving Felix was worth her time. Felix raised his eyes to her, watching her move meekly. The small gathering of spiteful wolves seized their noises as she neared them. One of the wolves was Diego.

"Do you even know what you're doing here? Which of exiled forever do you not understand? Is it exiled or forever?" He said, his voice rising in a surprising tone.

Honestly...

"Men," she said. Everyone turned their heads towards her. "simmer down and let's talk in a more civil manner."

Diego looked at her, his accusing eyes making her sigh. "This Wolf is not welcomed here. I'm sure my Alpha would be very much displeased with this hazard bin wolf stinking up the place."

"Settle down," Felix spoke, his smooth deep voice made her clench her legs. "it may be against my brother's wishes, but rest assured that I am not here to cause trouble."

"And what are you here for, my Wolf?" Lois asked, lowering her gaze when she saw how Felix's eyes softened.

My Wolf. She remembered. It has been a long time since she said that to him, and it looked like he still hasn't gotten over it too. She watched as he cleared his throat, lowering his head before speaking.

"I am afraid I must only discuss things with my elder brother."

"He's as-" Before Diego could speak, Lois cut him off.

"Diego, lead the wolf into the parlor and ask the nurses if he's awake." She said.

He looked at her with soft eyes, like he was hurt. He questioned her judgement as a normal person would. She would be surprised if he didn't react the way he did, knowing Felix would also be big trouble.

"Seriously?" He asked.

She only nodded. He slumped his back, frowning as he led Felix away. As Felix walked away, she couldn't deny that her attraction for him was still there. It raged on like a monster, devouring every seam of her body. She thought of how his grey eyes often calmed him down, how he spoke softly against her skin and how he always made her important. But that was then when all the things that happened haven't happened.

Sighing, she followed them into the corridor. Her heart beating faster as she raised her nose, taking in Felix's godawful scent. She couldn't deny the heat she had experienced around him. With nimble steps, she entered the parlor, seeing him stand before the fireplace, looking at the painting above it. It was his father's portrait. Jopheil, a wolf that had met the most tragic of fates. She took a few strides towards him, stopping when he turned to look over his muscular shoulder. There was it again, his calm grey eyes that looked as if he was lost watched her with unmistakable dismay. He turned his body, making her notice how he had unbuttoned his shirt, letting her eyes see the sinuous curves of his chest. Felix frowned at her, he slowly moved across the room and sat on one of the neatly dressed recliners. He crossed his legs and threw back his head, closing his eyes. He was silent, odd, knowing he wasn't the one to shut up.