sixteen

The Cure
~•°•~
Above is a photo of a Wolfsbane plant. Which is both poisonous to humans and wolf in real life.
~'•°•'~

Lyra silently sat alone in Edward’s living room. Her eyes closed as she tried to calm her raging mind, her wild thoughts had her going insane in so many ways. She was slowly trying to understand what was going on around her. Edward for the life of her had gone on for a job order, off to another pack. To the Southerners, she remembered him saying as he was going to visit a dear friend of his.

It has been two weeks since she had been sent here. Understanding why Ignacios never made any attempt to speak to her or at least send his ultimatum was not in question, perhaps she found it quite helpful, for that would only mean she will have more time to uncover Edward’s secret.

The hushed tone of her surroundings didn’t help her wandering mind. She never realized how silence does also kill you, her life was only full of screams and tears, maybe that’s why some preferred the solitude of being stranded alone, it made them feel nothing but simultaneously killing them.

She was about to stand up when a slow and gentle knock came from the door. Her head snapped in the direction of the door, her unkempt hair following her movement. She stretched her legs, her lips pursed and eyes narrowed as the familiar scent of a wolf wafted into her nose.

“Open up, Lyra.” Gael shouted from the door.

She stood up, not making any attempt to hurry up her movement as her feet lazily moved through her way. Her hand reached for the doorknob, twisting it, revealing the doctor, his large chest hitting her face as he took a step as soon as she opened the door.

“Woops, I’m sorry.” He said, bending down at her petite height. “Good morning, shorty.” He bowed his head, a sign of respect shown only the wolves that had the status of leadership, like an Alpha or a Luna.

 She glared at him, refusing the urge to take a hold of his luscious brown locks and pulling his head off his shoulders. She didn’t want the title of Luna being plastered right in her face. Damn Evan for doing this to her.

As soon as Gael rose, he was greeted by her murderous glare. “Don’t do that, Gael. Seriously, what do you take me for?”

“My Luna, of course.” He answered.

“Weeks ago I wasn’t even anything to anyone, now I feel like vomiting when I hear that word.” She said.

“You’ll get used to it, eventually. But right now, the best thing you can do is to pretend the world is one big perfect circle. There are no corners, only one never-ending loop.”

“Bet that circle would pretty much break if I punched your face.”

“Please refrain from doing that. With this face, every she-wolf is more than willing to get a piece of my action, a bruise will not look good.” He only smiled at her, his calming green eyes that had a cheerful glaze over them making her roll her eyes.

“What do you want?” she said, her dismissive tone making him flinch.

“First off, ouch. I thought me being here would actually make you feel better.” He raised his brows.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes one more time as she stood in front of him, her head titled upwards as she locked her determined eyes at him.

“I’d really like it if you took a swim down into the lake and never come back up.” She said, her straight face only making a low chuckle erupt from his chest.