fifty-four

~•°•~

‘Why won’t you just talk?’

Ignacios ruefully glared towards nowhere. For hours, he was trying to open his wolf’s mind. The wolf was still not responding to him, causing him to wear a frustrated look on his face.

His memory was still fuzzy but slowly, they were all coming back. He remembered the night where he danced with Lois, how her blood tasted on his tongue, and how his teeth sunk unto her nape.

He grimaced, suddenly seeing Lyra’s reaction.

‘Help me.’ He pleaded, hearing nothing but the sound of the wind blowing against his ears. ‘Help me understand what happened, how it happened.’

On his seat, Ignacios leans over the veranda, seeing Felix walk into the house. A sudden rush of guilt flood his heart when he realized he had hurt his brother too.

He contemplates. Felix might be able to help him but how would he start such a request? He had permanently opened a rift between him and his brother that was almost irreparable.

Will Felix ever forgive him if he asked for forgiveness and reconciliation? The truth is, even Ignacios was still wary of forgiving himself. Not everyone was the same person.

Even if Lyra had taken him back, he couldn’t say the same to Felix and Edward.

Nevertheless, he wanted to try and make it up to his younger brother, the only real family by blood he had left.

Soon, Ignacios was walking to the packhouse’s foyer. He felt nervous all of a sudden, his legs suddenly shaking like he was afraid to speak with his brother.

Felix was standing over by the door, greeting three older she-wolves. It didn’t take long when their eyes, both pairs colored in light grays. Almost immediately, the smile that his brother held disappeared and became a tight-lipped frown. He watched Felix mutter an excuse to the wolves before heading off in the mess hall’s direction.

“Lex!” He bellows before running after him.

His brother had every right to avoid him and Ignacios wanted to do the same but this time, desperation gripped the tides of his days and he needed to know everything that he needed before he and Lois get married.

“Lex, stop.” Ignacios reached for his brother’s shoulder.

Felix stopped almost immediately and turned to his brother.

“I don’t have time for you, Ignacios, and don’t call on my name so casually like that. Only the brother I grew up with can use that name.”

The cold edge on Felix’s tone ripped him apart. He’d never seen nor heard his brother be so cold to him before. Only when he had returned that he had become so brazen with his words towards Ignacios.

Ignacios winced, slightly deterred.

“Five minutes.” He spoke. Felix cocked his head to the side, giving him a questioning glance. “All I ask is five minutes.”

“Five minutes of what? Talking?” Felix scowls.

“Yes, that’s all I ask.”

“We’ve already talked, Ignacios, and whatever I feel still stays the same. I abhor you still.”

Felix moved but Ignacios was quick to grab his brother. Ignacios held his brother’s arm, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

“Give me a chance, please.” He lets go of Felix and lowered his head.