twenty-two

Uneasy

~•°•~

It was morning, beams of sunlight eagerly crept through Iggy's blinds. A never-ending river of thoughts silently flowed through the seams of her mind. She forgot to sleep. She was consumed by questions that begged to be answered. Her antsy mind couldn't shake Iggy's declaration.

If it was true, all of the rotten things she heard about him might not be even his fault. She knew it was still a risk to trust him, especially if he was still hallucinating from Wolfsbane. But she had to know the truth, his truth to be exact.

And there was Iggy's mate, his Luna. Why did his Wolf want to protect him from his mate? She knew that shewolf was nothing but trouble. Lyra saw it from the beginning. That wolf might know something about her parents. After all, if Iggy's wolf was really that trustworthy, then it was very plausible that he got the information about Lyra's parents from Lois.

She scowled, all this stupid information left unanswered made her head throb with relentless pain.

After Ignacios passed out, she had hoisted him up to his bed, left him there and sat quietly. She had mixed emotions, but one thing was for sure. She had to find out everything about what his wolf had said. She would do anything to find the truth and escape the lies that shrouded her.

As she sat, contemplating her next action. A formal knock on his door sounded. In a second, it opened revealing the pack's Beta. His head peaking in, setting his eyes on hers. He looked as if he was surprised.

"Blessed be the Moon," he started. "is my Alpha awake?"

She shook her head lightly. "He's been down since I brought him back here."

That was a lie, of course, she didn't know who she could trust. The Beta only nodded, trying to mask the annoyed facade he wore. He entered the room, closing the door behind and stood beside the Alpha's bed. Diego silently seethed in anger, the overwhelming stench of unhinged frustration made her raise a questioning brow. Slowly, he looked up at her. The glint of anger in his brown eyes was unsettling.

"What are you even doing here? You're not a nurse." He said with a tone completely overflowing with unmistakable malice.

Why was she here? She was looking for answers, of course. But this eager rumbling on one side of her brain was insistent, almost innate as the thought of living him alone also made her heart ache unexpectedly. Maybe for reassurance, maybe that's why she was there to keep an eye on him.

"I took the liberty to watch him." She answered.

Snickering, he cast a sideways glance at her as he turned back for the Alpha. "My Alpha is well on his way to recovering, he doesn't need a whore like you loitering around him."

She clicked her jaw, silently letting strong angered emotions grow in her depths as her claws started to dig on her sides. She was right not to trust this wolf, because right now, she saw him as one spiteful idiot. She brushed his words off, hoping to avoid a confrontation. She had no energy left but if she had, she was sure she would have already taken his head off his shoulders.

"Then who will watch him?"

"My Luna, she's going to be up here in just a few minutes."

Odd, she thought. For so long, she hadn't seen Lois since she had gotten back here. If she really did care for Ignacios, she would have been the one who was in her position, watching out for him. But instead, she was nowhere to be found.

"Funny, it's been days since the Alpha has been out cold and I haven't even seen a single glance of her." she said. "Why is that?"

Diego only scowled at her. She knew she had gotten him where she wanted him, the irritated look on his face said it all.