four

Rejection

~•°•~

The next two days came without a bit of a struggle. The endless amount of emotions that surged in her was making her crazy.

Felix of all people had taken her lips. To people, it might not seem to be a big deal but to her, giving the right things to the right people is what matters most.

And it wasn't Lex. He wasn't her mate.

I love you.’ She remembered him say.

He shouldn’t. But the way he said it, the way his eyes darkened still made her body stiffen with fear no doubt.

It was the day of the festival, the preparations were finished and wolves from other packs have started pulling in. It was looking like another successful year. The pack farmers had again managed to harvest a surplus of crops.

Although shaken, she wasn't deterred. She was still going to find her mate no matter what, even if it was going to be an awkward encounter with Felix, assuming if he remembered the night.

She shook her head, profusely convincing herself that it was all going to be alright. But she couldn't shake the fact that the fear of the impending newness coming to her life was stuck on her mind.

As she stared outside her bedroom window, she saw Iggy, his arms wrapped around the waist of a raven-haired wolf. Her smile was stretched, her beauty a striking feature that had almost made her gouge her own eyes out. It was the same she-wolf that she saw in class the other day. The amber-eyed vixen that burnt her skin.

With a sudden movement, she watched as both of them shared a quick kiss.

A sudden gush of anger flooded through her veins. But why did it? She kept asking herself. Ignacios was no way hers but the urge to possess him was all she could feel as she stared at them.

A subtle knock on her door made her jump, her fingers a little shaky from the anger she felt deep within.

“Lyra, may I come in?” It was Edward, his calming fatherly voice somewhat made her relax.

“Yeah, please.” She says, stepping back from the window and opening the door.

She was greeted with a huge hug and a pat on the back as he entered. In his embrace, he lifted her and kissed her forehead.

“Hello, Pumpkin.” He put her down and gave her a toothy grin. “I have something, for you.”

She widened her eyes, watching him pull out a bag behind him.

“What is it?” She asked.

He didn't answer, instead, he motioned for her to take a look inside.

She peered inside the crumpled paper bag, seeing the thin material for a neat sundress that sported the color white with red roses scattered around it. She took it out and adored its beauty, holding it up. It looked very old but beautiful.

“Who does it belong to?” She looked up at him, eyeing him with a questioning look.

For a split second, she saw the sadness in his eyes. Those orbs the color of an azure sky hid a deep sadness behind them.

“Your mother’s.” He smiled.

She had always known that Ned and her mother were someways close but he had always changed the subject whenever she asked. She guessed it was still very hard on him.

“It’s very nice.”

“I know, that's why I'm giving it to you.” He says, holding her cheek. “My baby’s going to start a life on her own.”