thirty

The Celebration
~•°•~

Felix and Lyra walked side by side, silently trudging through the muddy path to the packhouse. It was eight in the evening, her thoughts still rumbled up about the fact he had cursed himself with a mark on the palm of his hand.

Reluctantly, she tried to contain her thoughts, preparing herself for the hideous sight of her mate together with his Luna.

"Are you sure we should have left without Edward?" Lyra asked, trying to make small talk.

"He's a lone wolf, you know he's never really like crowds." Felix smiled at her.

"You're right, he's probably fine." She said.

The large frame of the mansion they call home brought a strain on her heart. Thinking just a few more moments now, she would be standing meters away from the Wolf who had dangerously stolen her feelings.

"You first." He says, letting her enter through the door before him.

At every step she took, the heads of the wolves who were already there turned to her direction. Their feelings mixed and thundering through the whispers she could easily hear.

Lyra wore her hair beautifully, tied into a ponytail with a small black ribbon she found lying around Edward's home. She dawned a simple v-neck shirt that hugged her ample chest, over it was the jacket she came home with and her jeans were simply ragged and shoes an old hand-me-down given to her Edward.

"They're looking at you," Felix whispered behind her ear.

"Let's try not to attract attention." She simply said and raised her chin defiantly.

Lyra knew that would be hard, seeing as though she was banned, more appropriately exiled, she saw how easily it could be to be the hottest topic.

They walked to the pack's large and superfluous dining hall. It changed since the last time she was here. Her memories of being rejected in this very hall might not be pleasant, but at least the new decor brightened up her perception of this place.

The chandeliers alighted with candles looked beautiful. As the flames danced, there shadows followed. It was breathtaking, to say the least.

As the stares of the wolf continue to fester her movement, she caught the gaze of a familiar wolf, Jasper sitting on a table from across the room. It was a table of Seekers, she could tell. And beside him, his sister sat smiling and waving her small hand for Lyra.

She nodded, smiling lopsidedly as she took the vacant table and Felix followed. Sitting beside her, he slouched forward, a frown etched on his lips.

"Damn, there are so many new faces here," Felix said with awe. "It's really not surprising when he's the biggest baddest Alpha in the four corners of the country."

He was right, three years and she was almost certain the Northern wolves population grew into thousands.

Only moments later, Gael sat beside her. His charming grin infecting her. He was wearing a black leather jacket, tight fitted jeans and black, shiny dress shoes. He ran his hand through his brown hair, slinging his arm over Lyra's shoulder.

"Good evening, my Luna." He says.

"Get off me, Gael." She said pushing him off of her.

"Get off of her, Wolf." Felix says, a frown on his lips as he glared at the cheeky doctor who was too close for comfort.

He backed off, his grin only getting wilder as he found amusement in Felix's discomfort.

"Aye," he says as he raised his hands in defense. "my Luna, I'm sorry. I was not informed a walking grey-eyed jelly bag would accompany you tonight."