fourteen

Edward
~•°•~

Lyra closed her eyes as she maneuvered through the trees and stones that lead to the lake filled with her memories. A cold chill crept up her spine as she remembered Ignacio’s cold stare, his judging eyes making her feel stupidly angry for a reason. He had no say anymore, she had dropped his bond long before she had arrived back here.

But the thought of it remains ingrained in her mind.

Shaking her thoughts aside, she ran, her feet starting to feel sore. Although she had exerted her full force on her desire to meet her father, her depleted energy proved to be a hindrance. She couldn't help but feel anxious. She knew she wanted to meet him now, only making her wonder what would be his reaction.

The wind blew hard, letting a hard strong blast flying her hair as she kept trudging through the muddy path. The forest trail was covered with thick piles of leaves and twigs, the scene of which made her feel a little bit empty, knowing it was probably a long time since someone had gone through here.

“Neddy, I'm coming,” she whispered through her shaking lips.

Her eyes stayed in front of her, the trees thinned and an opening started to appear. The vast familiarity causing a swell in her chest, her breath heavy and excited as her eyes looked around.

Wow.’ she thought, watching the steam rise from the cold waters of the lake. It was silent like the place had dreaded for her return.

Her eyes landed on the small little log cabin just above the lake. She watched as a man stepped out of the door, his greying hair stood out, his big muscular physique making her wolf howl.

“Ned,” she whispered as her feet to run. Her heart beat erratically as the man ran towards her.

“Lyra!” Edward yelled as he bolted to his daughter with his arms wide open, ready to embrace her.

She hugged her father tight, her face buried in the crook of his shoulder. His familiar smell wafted into her nose, inciting an overwhelming feeling in her chest. It was the feeling of longing.

“Neddy,” she whispered. She didn't realize but tears had started to trail down her cheeks as she sobbed.

He felt like home.

“Lyra, I missed you so much.”

“I’m sorry, Ned.”

Edward's hold on her tighten as he too started to tear up. She could hear him sob, his breath was slow and shaky.

“You’re here,” he said, pulling away looking at her face. She cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears with his thumbs, and kissed her forehead, making her heart jump. It was so long since she had anyone do that to her. “You’ve grown up.”

She shook her head, smiling as she looked into his eyes. The blue in them making her feel better.

“I don't think that's the correct word to describe me now,” she said.

Edward went silent, a small little smile stayed on his lips as he looked at her and nodded.

“Doesn't matter,” he shook his head. “what you are is my Lyra.” he took her hand, dragging her back into his home. “Come on.”