thirty-one

Something To Lose
~•°•~

The day he dreaded the most was happening now. He didn’t want to drag what was bound to happen. He had lost everything, his brother, his father and the one thing he had been thinking of the most, his one and only mate, Lyra.

Tonight as the Moon continued to brilliantly shine over them, the despair in him only grew. Lois had arranged everything and he let her. He had no power over her, it was useless to try and stop her.

He had lost hope, the very thing he needed now.

In his office, trapped in his own solitary confinement, he let the Moon glaze over his bare naked chest. The large open window let the light pour in from outside. He was healing himself, drowning in the serenity of the limited time he had. A swarm of thoughts battled his mind. Lois, it was all for her to blame.

A lit cigarette between his lips calmed the tempestuous storm in him, a habit he knew was damaging his body but it was the only way he could cope.

The silence in the room soon ended as the door clicked open without a creek, the smell of the wolf he had despised entering his nose.

“My, my, is it really necessary to brood like this? In the dark? Alone?” Her voice sounding completely appalling.

He turned his chair around, watching her move with dainty pace, her red-tinted lips screaming warning signs.

“What do you want, Lois?” He glares at her.

“Shouldn’t you be dressed, the people are waiting for you.”

Lois leaned against his desk, her amber eyes glowing darkly as soon as she dawned a mocking smile that made him let a heavy breath. Ignacios shook his head, reaching for the bottle of bourbon on the edge of the desk, pouring himself a glass. He downed the glass, feeling the alcohol burn it’s way down his throat.

“Great, you drink and you smoke, do you do drugs too?”

He would never, but he would eventually do it if Lois keeps up with her obnoxious presence.

“Probably, if you don’t get out of my face.” He spat, pouring in another glass and downing it again with one gulp.

“Oh please, Santillano,” she rolled her eyes, stepping away from him. “grow a pair and accept your fate.”

“My fate? What do you know about my fate, shewhore.” He hissed.

Ignacios couldn’t handle it anymore. He threw the shot glass over her shoulder, shattering on the door into a hundred pieces. She flinched, her stare narrowing as she defiantly glared back at him.

“That I am the mother of your child and you are hopeless.”

Before she could utter any other words, Lois felt his hand hardly grip her arm. She winced in pain.

“I should snap your neck.” He warned.

“Go on then, you have nothing. Everything you know is gone, everyone, you loved has left you all alone. You lost, Ignacios. And whatever you do will never be enough.”