seven

Monsters and Wolves

Three Years After—
~•°•~

The wind blew profusely as Lois tried to keep her hair in place. August was never a friendly month. The chill brought with it deterred anyone who dared to venture out to the Northern lands. Above the mountains where their packhouse stood firm, a silent and terrible plan was being plotted.

Inside the halls of the old mansion that could house fifty wolves, there was a secret. On the walls where scenic paintings peacefully hang, the shiny and beautiful trinkets and the decorations were just a mere distraction from the sinister plan that was starting to form.

She took a quick look at the mansion, frowning as her heart dreaded the things she was going to do. Her feet were planted on the ground as she looked over her shoulder.

“Lois, my Luna.” the wolf with the most verdant stare captured her attention. It was Diego, her Alpha’s second in hand. His tight-lipped smile caused her to frown, her desperation only worsening when he took her hand into his.

“What are you doing?” She pulled away from him, widening her eyes.

“You didn't wake me up. You left me on the bed.” He whispered.

Her eyes probe the area, seeing that everyone was still on their morning run, she faced him.

“You know why.”

His brow rose. For the past year, she and Diego had been having an affair. Their trysts were kept under wraps, with no one knowing. It was nice and slow at first, but then a tinder turned into somewhat of a brutal fire, where Diego had fallen into, burning his heart.

Even if Ignacios was there, she never had the urge to sleep with him. She was afraid of him, of his wolf. The man was a dangerous beast that no one could control, the only one who had the chance of seizing him was far away, exiled from the Northern lands.

“I don't want us to be hidden like this anymore, it sucks that I can't be the man I want to be whenever there are people around us.”

There was that feeling again. She never really loved him. He was the release that she needed. He was the kind of wolf that trusted too much. Naive and young. It hurt her knowing the only love she could receive was from the people she wickedly deceived

The price of being looked upon costs too much.

“I'm in love with you, Lois. When will you say it back?” He cupped her face, causing warmth to build up from her insides. She was drowning in his sorrowful eyes. The look of torment on him made her throat constrict with an ominous pain.

It was wrong.

Wrong.

Very wrong.

Say it back, you have to say it back.” He urged her. His warm breath brushing her face as she seized to move, her insides erupting at his lips touched her.

Tears pricked her eyes as she closed them shut. Her heart beat faster, her fingers tingled as his passion crossed her body.

She didn't deserve his love. She didn't deserve anything, especially what she had done. But the overwhelming sensation of warmth stopped her from doing anything.