twenty-three

There's a Way
~•°•~

Heavy snores filled the air as Iggy rose from his bed. There, as he sat on his bed, his chest heaved up and down as he surveyed the area, trying to find a glimpse of the shewolf who haunted his dreams from the night before. Lyra was etched in his mind and the mere thought of her being gone made his heart ached. In the room, her scent was fading away. She had been gone for hours, he could tell. Sweat silently trickled down his nape, making him cringe. He smelled like shit! He wondered how long has he had been asleep. Besides the foul smell of his own body, he picked up on another scent.

Slowly, he turned to his side. He saw the crouched figure that was Felix, snoring like a mammoth on the chair. Ignacios felt a tinge of happiness rise up in his body. Felix, although knowing he probably hated his elder brother, Ignacios had his hopes high. He missed Felix, and he hopes his brother missed him too. He bit his lower lip, a habit he did whenever he was nervous. He tried to get his bearing straight and then spoke.

"Lex," he said. "Felix."

It worked, Ignacios watched his brother slowly straightened his back and open his eyes. Lex's small frown was what greeted him while his restless grey eyes stared at him.

"Elder brother," Felix greeted. "Blessed be the Moon."

"May She shine." He replied weakly.

Felix stared at him as if waiting for an explanation. He didn't know what to say, he was scared. Feeling completely terrified of what kind of things that were running around in Felix's mind. For years, as he was trapped in his own body, Ignacios could only think about what he was missing out. His real true mate, his brother and the wolf he idolized. Now when he looked at it, he was afraid to think of it. So many things had changed that almost everything made no sense. Right now, when Felix stared at him, he could feel the rage in his brother's heart.

"You are injured," Felix said.

Ignacios lowered his gaze into his stomach, seeing a cast wrapped around it. It was probably Lyra who did it. She was the one that completely nursed him back to health.

"It appears so." He said.

The dark cloud that silently clung above their heads was suffocating him. The intent behind Felix's eyes shined brighter by the minute as he seethed in anger. He knew there was something up. Felix wouldn't be back here without any proper reason and he dreaded he knew what it was about.

"I need to speak with you, about Lyra." Felix directly spoke.

He nodded, feeling himself stiffen from the sheer coldness of his brother's voice. "What is it about?"

"Don't pretend that you don't know what I mean." Felix snickered while shaking his head. "I want to take her with me."

"To where?" He asked.

"To the South, she belongs there. She belongs to me."

Hearing that from his brother made his wolf howl with anger. That open declaration of possession was sickening him. Ignacios knew his brother was falling for Lyra, but he had always let it slide. Because at the end of the day, Ignacios knew Lyra was his and no one else'. But things have changed and Felix's hatred for his brother was fuel for more combat. He had to find a way to fix everything. He had just regained control of his body and saw his mate, he wasn't going to let the opportunity of being happy slip by.

"She belongs here, Lex. You can't do that to her."

"I only want the best for her and frankly Ignacios, you're not it."