twenty

Poisonous

~•°•~
“Trigger Warning”

I believe that a part of this chapter might be triggering to some people that's why I'm putting up this warning.

~•°•~

Three years ago, when it all started. Lois stood behind a corner, her breathing slow and controlled as she watched her, the Wolf that took everything away from her. Lyra emerged from Felix’s room. Eyes filled with tears, her lips swollen from just being kissed. She was struggling to walk away as her legs quaked with every step she took.

Lois pushed herself off the wall and fished her dagger from her back pocket. This was it, Lois thought. She was probably going to kill the Wolf that was the root of her pain.

She threaded lightly, her feet slowly moving through the dimly lit hall. But as she neared the Wolf, the intoxicating smell of an Alpha hit her nose. Her legs turned into stone as her eyes watched Ignacios, cradling the crying wolf in his arms.

“Are you okay?” Ignacios said, touching her cheek with a gentle caress.

Lyra waved it off, walking away from Ignacios. She was obviously spent, her weak energy showing through her limps. Lois kissed her teeth in anger.

Lyra was always a selfish wolf. She didn't care what others felt. And that carelessness made Lois steaming in frustration. If she only saw the effect she had with people, maybe she would know how to draw herself. A minute passed and Ignacios seemed to be still, standing, lost in his thoughts as he stared at the direction where the red-haired wolf disappeared to. An idea popped into her thoughts.

Ever since she was a kid, Lois was always taught to act on her own free will. With her own ideas and principles. With a heavy breath, she tucked her dagger away and composed herself. Feeling quite sure as to what was about to happen.

She walked, her heels clicking against the floor. With her heart beating calmly, she spoke.

“Hello, my Alpha.” He turned around, his eyes meeting hers. The could barely breathe. The Alpha, although he tried to conceal the hurt he had with a small gentle smile, she could still see the storm in his eyes. She quipped, wondering if this was still a good idea. She held herself, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” he shook his head. “And you are?”

His eyes squinted as if trying to remember who she was. She understood how he could forget her. Everyone with the right mind could see how enthralled he was with Lyra, a total lap dog to be precise. She was sure everything that was going on in his was that redhead.

“I’m Lois.”

“Yes, I remember. You and my brother are friends.”

She cocked her head, widening her eyes to faint curiosity. “Alpha, are you crying?”

He was, the light signs of tears were still stuck in his lashes. He moved his fingers across his eyes.

“It’s really nothing to worry about, Lois. Just a bit dusty.”

“May I ask what you’re doing, late at night, stalking the halls?”

“I could ask you the same thing, Wolf.” He cocked his head.

“Got thirsty, I went into the kitchen to drink water.” she neatly shrugged. “How about you?”

“I’m just missing home, I guess. I thought I’d take a walk around the house.” His sincerity almost made her believe the lie he had just made on the spot.