Chapter Sixty One

He followed me outside and tried to put logic on what he wanted to do.

"Babe, I promise you that it's the first and last thing I would ever do for her", he held my hand but I just want to brush him off.

"The kid will love you and he will get fond of you and I know you will too. Then, you'll meet him once a month then once a week then everyday then you'll reunite with Steph and you'll leave me", I explained why I was worried.

"Silly. Even I get fond of the kid, there's no way I'll get back with her because I love you, okay? I love you and I'll never leave you", he assured me but still, I feel anxious about this.

"Fine but if you leave me for her, I would permit my brothers to kill you, okay?", I finally gave in and he put his hands in defense and told me that he would even permit Cole to kill me if that happens.

------
We were on our way to Steph and her son. I still find this absurd but maybe this is what Dylan needs to realize that what he was doing for Steph's son is ridiculous, considering the kid is not even his son.

When we reached the hospital, we went straight to the room. Steph opened the door for us and seeing her personally made me insecure. She is really beautiful and I know why Dylan fell for her.

"Steph, this is Jasmine, my girlfriend. Jassy, Steph", Dylan introduced us to one another as we smiled to one another and entered the room.

"Hi Sammy", Dylan greeted him as the kid smiled brightly.

"Daddy? Daddy, you're really here.", he was so excited as he gave Dylan a hug. Then, he looked at my direction, probably wondering who I am. "Who is she, daddy?"

"Well, this beautiful girl is my girlfriend, Jasmine", he introduced me as I waved hello to him.

"You're funny, daddy. She's not your girlfriend, mommy is.", he chuckled as Dylan tried to correct him but I stopped him. I know he's really young and I don't want him to deal with this complicated situation Dylan and Steph put him through.

Dylan mouthed sorry to him but I just smiled and gave him the presents he bought for Samuel. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and Dylan was about to stop him but I told him that it's okay.

I went to this little cafeteria in the hospital instead and Steph followed me here.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about not telling Sammy the truth", she sat across me and I just smiled. "I know Dylan is happy with you and honestly, that is what I wanted for him because of what I have done"

"I didn't come to scene to pick up the pieces you left and to mend him.", I told her with a pint of annoyance in my voice.

"I didn't mean it like that. Believe me that I loved him but I just...", she tried to explain but I stopped her right away.

"You don't owe me an apology but if you really want Dylan's happiness, let him go and tell your son the truth because that is what they deserved", I told her and her expression suddenly changed.

"Just because you're Dylan's girlfriend doesn't mean you know the whole story and you can tell me what to do. I know what's best for my son and I will keep it that way", she stood up and were about to leave.

"I may not know the whole story but I can tell you didn't love Dylan because if you did, you will not let him live in guilt, let him be called out names and let him take responsibilities because of the choice you made. I may not know what's best for your son but I know what Dylan deserves and this is not it.", I told her and just stormed off. I texted Dylan to text me when he's done spending time with Samuel.