Chapter Fifty Three

When we all settled in the room, our group professor went infront and started to talk, "Good Afternoon! I'm Sir Evans. Okay, so we need to have a quick election for the group leader and assistant leader, we also need to decide on our group name and lastly, we'll have a short ice-breaker so you'll be acquainted with your group. Friday activities would be given to the leader and he or she would inform you before that day. So who would like to nominate or volunteer for assistant leader?"

I looked around and it seemed everyone is hesitating and even though I'm a self-acclaimed introvert, I volunteer myself because Sir Evans mentioned that though they have huge responsibility, they would also be credited with higher grades compared with others if they did the job right. No one else volunteered nor nominated, making me the new assistant leader.

Now, it's time for the group leader and there's a group of guys nominated their friend as the leader. I looked over and the guy just smirked at me when our eyes met. Honestly, I don't want to judge right away but I am nervous if ever he becomes the leader. I was waiting anxiously for other people to nominate others but it seemed like the guy nominated earlier was popular that's why no one dares to nominate others. But suddenly, Timothee raised his hand and nominated Harry. I sighed as a sign of relief though I'm prohibited to talk to Harry, at least I'm sure that he's safe.

When the nomination phase was over, Sir Evans asked us to close our eyes so we could have a secret voting by show of hands. Sir Evans asked for my help to count the people who voted for who as I went to the front. When the other guy's name was mentioned, it seemed he is really popular because we are about 40 students here and it looks like it's more than half. I sighed as a sign of relief when it was just 38 because it makes Harry as the winner.

"Okay, we got our new group leader, Mr. Styles. Please come here together with Ms. Torres", Sir Evans said and everyone clapped their hands. "Okay, it's time to vote for our group name but however, I received a message that our group name would depend on the leader so it will be automically become the 'House of Styles'. Now, it's time for an ice-breaker. So for 45 minutes, I need all of you to converse with people and introduce yourselves to them. Try to talk to everyone and not just the same person over and over again. Clear?"

So we quickly abided to Sir Evans' instructions. We roamed around and just give a quick introduction like mentioning our name, our course and our year. But it depends on people because I conversed with this sweet girl and she told me other things other than usual introduction. Some are in groups and some are just individually talking. It's a really nice ice breaker and then, I came across with the guy earlier. It's funny how Sir Evans mentioned his name but I can't remember it well.

"Hey, I'm Ken Ramirez. It's a shame that I didn't win. We would make a great team", he introduced himself and I just smiled.

"I'm Jasmine Torres. We could make a great team since we're in the same group", I politely said and he just smirked.

"How about you give me your number so we could have private meetings to build this great team of ours?", he just delivered a lame pickup line and I realized it was really a relief he didn't win because if he's the leader, we would talk more privately.

"No, thanks. Private meetings are unnecessary", I smiled and walked away but he grabbed my arm.

"No one rejects me", it sounded like a threat but I coolly removed his hands from my arm and just continued to walk away. I was a little scared but I just continued to converse with other people though it bothered me a lot. I feel like he's still watching me from behind.

More ice-breaker activities were done after the 45-minute meet and greet stuff. We played several games and it definitely made us feel less awkward than before. We extended for almost an hour because we lost time doing the activities prepared by Sir Evans. I didn't even realized that I just ate 2 bread from morning till now. But when Sir Evans asked Harry and I to stay to discuss our responsibilities and next meeting's activity, I started to feel hungry and weak. Sir Evans asked me if I'm alright and I just nodded because as soon as this meeting ends, I would go back to my dorm and just sleep since I don't need to do some advanced reading.