Chapter Sixty

I was waiting for Harry by the cafe and re-thinking whether this is a good idea. But who am I kidding? This is a terrible idea. I should just go home and text Harry that I'll cancel our meetup. But right on cue, he arrived but he can't even walk straight towards me.

When he came closer to where I am, I figured that he was drunk. He was about to say hi but he fell on the ground as I held to him to help him stand up.

"Harry, why are you drunk?", I asked him. "You should have told me that you had other plans". I told him as I sat him on the chair beside me.

"But it's you, Jassy. I was about to fuck this girl but you texted me so I would rather see you than to be with that who ever she is", he told me, chuckling even though there's nothing funny.

"Did you drive? Oh Gosh, Harry, you are so wasted. You could get into an accident", I naturally ignored what he said.

"So, you do care about me, huh?", he said as he stood up to look me in the eyes and held on to me so he wouldn't fall.

"I was the last person who texted you I presume and I just don't want to get with any police investigations", I lied though I'm not sure why I am lying about not caring about him. Of course, even when Dylan told me to stay away from Harry, I will always care for him.

"But it's you, Jassy. I was about to fuck this girl but you texted me so I would rather see you than to be with that who ever she is", he said it again as he chuckled. "Fuck you, Jassy", he sighed as he sat on the chair.

"This is a terrible idea. I'm sorry if I... I told you to meet up with me", I said. "Let's just get you home"

I helped him on the way to his car and called Camila to pick him up but he stopped me from doing so as he grabbed my phone.

"I'm here because of you so drive me home, Jassy", he said as he went inside the car. He did have a point so I went to the driver's seat and drove him to his house.

"Why did you want to meet up with me, Jassy?", he asked me.

"I just want to make sure you're okay. I heard you've been drinking more again just like now and sleeping with anyone.", I told him. "And the other... I know this is not the best time"

"Tell me now because I know you wouldn't meet with me again in the future. Your boyfriend would get jealous and I know you don't want to lose him. Plus I'm drunk so even I forsee your words are going to hurt, it will feel less painful or it would be easier to forget", he stated.

"I ruined your group, didn't I? Timmy told me that you're not hanging out with them anymore", I shared as I know that he's right because I guess I wouldn't have this chance in the future.

"It's not your fault, Jassy. You know what you did wrong?", he asked as I stopped the car and looked at him and asked him what. "You told me that you will always be there when I needed you. But I guess I was a threat to your boyfriend so you ignored me and threw away the past on whatever connection we had. I was still in love with you but I did nothing because I know you were happy with him. Everyday, I fight the urge to tell you what I feel because I don't want to lose you. If I can't have you as my girlfriend, I was contented you being my friend who would be there when I have negative thoughts because you know me. But when you didn't fight for what we had, it broke me. Like I can't believe I threw away the opportunities on the memories we should have made because I want to save this friendship we had. I had to lie to myself that I don't love you when I clearly do because I don't want to lose you. But I did lose you. I lost you. Now, my thoughts are eating me alive while I still cling on to your empty words on being there for me when I need you. Jassy, fuck you. Jassy, I hate you. I hate you so much", he said as my tears got the best of me and just fell continuously. I can't believe that I hurt him so much even today.