Chapter Twenty Three

"Chew slower, Jassy", Joe teased as I'm already on my fourth slice of pizza. I'm just too nervous and I'm stress eating right now because my brothers and Cole may found out about Dylan. I don't know how they would but I'm a little paranoid.

I'm on the end with Joe beside me, then Frankie is between Joe and Nick while Dylan is across me with Lili beside him and Cole beside Lili.

My phone beeped and I checked it and it was Dylan.

"Baby, calm down. They wouldn't suspect anything unless I do stuff you like me to do"

It's a relief he noticed my nervousness because I just want to blurt everything out. While my brothers were too preoccupied talking to Cole and Lili, I just looked out the window.

"Dyl, 2:00 guy" I told Dylan as he looked at where I'm pointing out. We always do this here where we'll see a random person and give him or her a creative imaginative background like we'll talk about where we think he or she works, what his or her life is and etc. It was always our thing when we go here which is really always because we're always here. We never got sick of their food plus it's the only safe place where we can freely hang out.

"I bet he has two teenage daughters calling him to give them cash because there's a sale coming up", he said in a weird cali valley teenage girl accent as I giggled.

"I bet he has a nagging wife that always call him out when he gives the girls cash", I added as we both just laughed. It was really nonsense but I don't know, it's our thing and I feel we're funny by ourselves.

My brothers noticed the fun conversation Dylan and I have so they asked what's up. Dylan and I just looked at each other and started laughing again, telling them it's nothing.

"Anyways, we're going to have a very formal dinner later because one of us is announcing something. Do you want guys to come?", Joe asked. I wondered what the announcement was and why I wasn't informed of it. Maybe Joe already proposed to his girlfriend or maybe Nick got a girlfriend or maybe Kevin was having another baby.

"Cole and I can't because we have plans but maybe Dylan can join you?", Lili replied in which Dylan agreed with Lili, saying he's not doing anything tonight so he might as well join us for free dinner and winking at me at the last part of his statement and making me blush a little.

"Great. The dinner is at seven and wear something fancy. You can join us or we'll text you where the place is", Nick said as Dylan just replied to text him where the place is.

So after lunch, my brothers went to their hotel room as I went back to my dorm to get my things since they didn't inform me about the dinner. Lili volunteered to do my makeup and hair as Cole also voluntereed to drive me there because Dylan has to go somewhere first and will be going to the place straightly from where he'll be at. It was really nice of Cole and Lili to do this but they insisted that I'm their friend so it's not actually a big deal and the restaurant is along the way where'll they go.

Lili and I had actually a last minute shopping before she dolled me up because the dress I have in the dorm was no good according to her. She picked a red satin plunging cocktail dress. I insisted at first because I'm not really comfortable at my body particularly because my cleavage is revealed but Lili was really good at persuading that it looks really good on me and that I'm only with my family members. She also added that my brothers are good looking guys and I should not feel threatened by it because I am also beautiful and attractive. She won me over with her sweet and persuading words so I just agreed with her.

She only did a light make up on me since she claimed that I am naturally beautiful and as for the hair, she just tucked my hair into a bun. She also noticed the hickey Dylan gave me by my jaw so she covered it up with a concealer and gave me the concealer if ever it wears off. Finally, I put my dress and heels on and when I came out of our bathroom, Lili just hugged me and told me that I looked so beautiful. It was mainly because of her but she rebutted that she did nothing.

When Cole arrived, his eyes widen when he saw me. He also complimented that for the first time, I look like a girl in which I playfully hit him. So afterwards we went to his car so he can drive me to the restaurant.

I was just sitting and thinking what Dylan's reaction would be. Would he like it? Would he also tell me that I look beautiful? I don't know what to think anymore as my hands started to shake but Lili sneakingly sent me a text.

"You look beautiful. Dylan would love it", she reassured me as I said mouthed thank you at her. I really hope he would not be disappointed because another reason why I decided to be dolled up is because of Dylan. I want to impress him.

When we arrived at the restaurant, Cole and Lili gave me a quick hug before taking off because they're a little bit running late for their appointment that they don't have any time to say hello to the others.

I went to the cr first because Lili told me to retouch my lipstick since we had a little detour and got some fries on our way here since the serving might be a little less here and I don't exactly want to starve and order some more even though I was not the one paying.

I made sure again that I look presentable as I walked out the cr after retouching. I immediately saw where they were seating as Joe right on cue texted me where I am. I also saw Dylan already seated beside them, waiting for me. Then when I walked a little to their place, I saw my father with my mom were also there with their hands intertwined. I automatically took a step back. Why are they here?

I bet the announcement they're going to make is about my father. Oh no, I bet my father will marry my mom again. Joe once mentioned that my father was staying over at mom's more now. I didn't spend my summer before this semester at home so I bet they worked things out at that time. Why did I become so oblivious?

I hurriedly went outside, hoping they didn't see me. I just kept on walking and walking, trying to get as far as possible and right on cue, my phone rang.

I picked it up, "Hey Joseph, I forgot to tell you that I can't make it today. My professor suddenly uhm uploaded something. I'm really sorry. See you tomorrow, I guess? I got to go"

I hanged up before he can even say anything. I reached the park and just sat on one of the benches. I was feeling cold but I don't care. I don't even know why I did it but I freaked out and I didn't want them to find me back in the dorm and I don't know where I should go.

I immediately took out my phone and called for Cole. I needed his help. I always call him when it's about my family but I remembered that he's with Lili. But I still attempted, wishing he'll pick up. I just stopped when I called for about 10 times.

I'm all alone with literally no one. I wanted to cry but I can't. I badly wanted to because it hurts so much. I don't want to sit there and hear the announcement because I'm positive that it's that one. My father probably don't even want me there because I'll just ruin their celebration. Also, they were supposed to celebrate anniversaries and not an engagement. It was all my fault that I ruined once that family of ours. It was my fault that they broke up and decided to have a divorce. If only I didn't complain to Joe the way my father treated me when I was young then, they'll probably be happy celebrating their wedding anniversary and they'll always have each other for love. I badly wanted to cry because it's all too much for me but I couldn't.

Then, my phone rang again and it was Dylan.