Chapter Forty One

"What was that, Jassy? Having a little date with your ex-boyfriend?", Dylan angrily dragged me far away from Harry. How did he even know I was here?

"I was not having a date with him. He's my friend since I was little so we just had a little catch up. Plus, you're the guy I'm in love with", I assured him as we halted from walking. "How did you even know where I am? You told me you'll be here at noon?"

"I didn't mean to ruin your date because I'm sorry, I was just so excited to surprise my girlfriend", his voice raised and I knew he just lost it. I know it's not really the best scene to see your girlfriend in because I was caught hugging Harry but it is not what it looked like. He needs to listen to me first.

"I told you that it wasn't a date. I was...", I was explaining however he cut me off.

"Is that the reason why you didn't want me to come here yesterday?", he said as he looked at me. Where are these conclusions coming from?

"What? Do you hear yourself? You're not actually accusing of me cheating. You know I would never do it to you", I stated. I understand him because I don't want to see Dylan hugging other girls however, I will let him explain first and I will listen first before jumping into absurd conclusions.

"Now, you're saying that you wouldn't cheat on me but I have the capacity to cheat on you?", he said as my eyes widen. Is he even serious? He's talking bullshit and just assuming things. It never even crossed my mind but what's wrong with him. He's like twisting my words to pick up a fight with me.

But I know better, I don't need to fight fire with fire plus in a few hours, I would have to introduce him to my family. I don't really want us to be in a war because I want to prove to my family that I indeed love this guy. Also, I am not doing anything wrong and I don't want to have this petty fight because of my ex-boyfriend. I have so much in my plate right now like with Cole, with my father and with my wavering decision about the course I'll take.

"What? Would you listen to me? I love you, okay", I assured him, holding both of his hands then, tiptoeing to kiss him because aside from the fact that I love him, I also miss him so much even it had only been a day since we saw each other.

He then pulled me into a hug after our kiss, "I know Cole told you about my cheating past but I won't do that to you especially if I didn't even cheat at the first place".

"I know that too. I know you wouldn't cheat on me so tell me what happened between you and Steph", I asked him because maybe this time, he would trust me with this and he'll finally open up this side of him.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just overreacted upon seeing you and your ex-boyfriend", he said to me as I frowned because he's dodging the Steph topic again. Why wouldn't he share to me what happened so I can understand him and prove Cole wrong? Did he really cheat?

"You don't need to be jealous because he is already in my past.", I stated, colder than intended.

"I'll tell you when we get back to school. I promise", he kissed the top of my head as I smiled at him because I thought he was dodging the topic again.

We went back to our house afterwards. Technically, he contacted Nick to ask my whereabouts to surprise but unfortunately, I was with Harry at that time but he already let it go. As we enter the house, no one was there and Joseph informed us that we will have our lunch over the Styles like the old times they say. I squeezed Dylan's hand to assure him that he is still the guy I love and even though our family relationship with Styles is strong, I will take care of him and I will make sure he would not feel out of place.

Everyone was already there and busy chatting with each other as we approached them. We went first over to my mom and mommy.

"Mom, I would like you to meet Dylan Sprouse. Dylan, my mom, Denise and this is my second mother, Anne Styles. Mommy, this is my boyfriend, Dylan", I introduced him to them as they gave Dylan a hug.