Chapter Fifty Seven

When morning came, I just went to the living room and blankly stared outside. I just want to get away from Dylan. I didn't even sleep to be honest because even though Dylan's drunkness caused our fight to heighten up, I just can't stop but to overthink things. I know the only way to stop this is to give Dylan what he wants and that is to stay away from Harry and his friends.

I know it's wrong but I honestly don't want to lose Dylan.

Cole who was sleeping in our couch woke up and approached me. He just gave me a hug as my tears started to drop like it was waiting for this cue. I cried so much last night but I guess it's not enough.

"Do you want to grab some breakfast and tell me everything?", Cole offered when I finally stopped crying.

"What should I do, Cole?", I asked him because I honestly don't know what I should do. We sat on the couch as I shared everything to Cole. I told him that even though I only spent a week with Harry's friends, I really got close to them and I genuinely want to become their friend. I also told him what Dylan wants which is opposite to what I want. I want to compromise with Dylan about it but I am afraid that Dylan wouldn't listen to me. I also skipped the part where Dylan harshly held my arm that lead Harry to stop him because I know Cole will be protective and such.

"Dylan is really the possessive type and I understand why he doesn't want Harry or his peers near you because you broke up with Harry neatly. It was a mutual decision that's why Dylan have those fears. He may be an arrogant jerk who thinks he rules the world but when it comes to you, he's that little scared kid that no one else knows. But of course, he shouldn't order you around like that. I think you should talk because it's not really a big issue. Also, never give in easily just because he says so, okay? Argue if you must but continue to communicate", he advised and honestly, it's the right words I need to hear.

Later, Dylan came out of the room and Cole bid his goodbye to give Dylan and I some time and space. I thanked Cole once again when he hugged me and Cole warned Dylan on his way out to not make me cry.

"Do you want to grab some breakfast?", Dylan asked as I shooked my head as I just want to talk first.

"I don't really know what to say", I started as we sat on the couch, keeping distance between us.

"I'm really sorry about last night. Yes, I was drunk but I mean when I said I don't want you hanging with them. Call me a jealous boyfriend of yours but I really am", he explained and I already know that he's doing it because he's just jealous.

"But can't you trust me? You know that I love you and you know whatever Harry and I had is over?", I pleaded. I know he'll throw the famous 'I trust you but not him' line but I want to compromise with him and not just directly agree with him.

"You lied to me for two weeks about you being his assistant, you hid the fact from me that you're hanging out with them... I trust you but based on the past few weeks, you deliberately lied to me and don't tell me that you're just waiting for the perfect moment because we talk all the time and we promised each other to be honest no matter what", he said and it just hit me. He's right, he's absolutely right. I lied to him and now, I'm asking him to trust me.

"I also don't want to bring this up but this also happened with Cole. We made him believe that there's nothing going on between us. You're not to blame in that situation but what if... What if you realize you love him? Yes... Today, you can tell me that I'm the one you love but what about tomorrow? I don't want to lose you, Jassy. I just can't. I love you so much. I don't want to doubt your love but I'm scared, I'm scared you might fall in love with him again.", he added as tears drop from our eyes. I held his hand and hugged him tightly. I now understood why he's being like this and I don't want to lose him either.