Chapter Forty Four

Dylan's frat mate stated the party was going to start at 6 however, when Dylan and I went outside, it is already jammed. But it's always like this because it's the last night we are allowed to stay in the campus so, everyone who throw a party makes it grand. I don't know if Cole and Lili will be here because there's numerous farewell parties. I should text them later to know their whereabouts. Dylan and I went to the kitchen to get us some drinks. I feel like I haven't drink in forever because I'm never fond of drinking because I'm a lightweight and I don't enjoy drinking that much.

We planned to stay only for an hour and we'll probably go to my dorm to give us an alone time. We went to the backyard after getting our drinks and Dylan's friends were there. I met his friends recently because he barely hang out with them and he doesn't want me to meet them for a very odd reason. I think friends are important because they will be there for you no matter what happens... true and real friends I mean. But for Dylan, he only needs me which I think it's clingy though sweet but still, friends are still different from a girlfriend. I didn't just argue with him when we discussed that before because I know he's trying to be sweet and wanting to drop the subject.

We stayed and converse with people for an hour but Dylan stated that it had been 4 hours now. I didn't even notice the time. Dylan's friends are actually good company and I love it when they tease Dylan for being cheesy because when Dylan is around them, he's never like that.

"Let's go. I'll drive you home", Dylan stated, helping me to stand up. I only had few drinks but I'm already drunk that's why Dylan chose not to drink because he knows he has to take care of me.

"How about walk me home, my boyfriend?", I suggested as he held my hand, signalling he agreed to my suggestion.

We bid our goodbye to everyone we know as we headed to my dorm.

"Things will be different next year", I blurted out. Since I'm likely to transfer school, I can't hang out with Dylan everyday or even like we used to.

"But we will stay the same, right?", he asked and I nodded. I'm not a fan of long distance relationship but I know we can make it work because we love each other so much.

"Why do you love me, Dylan?", I asked curiously. I asked not because of the drinks I drank but because I really want to know.

"You're fun to be with and you give me happiness I don't think I deserve. After Steph, I thought that I'm better off becoming the reputation they coined me to be. Though I have done nothing wrong, I want to isolate myself from people because they can turn their backs on you in a matter of second. But you came and I felt that I could trust someone again after a very long time, I know I could love someone again and I felt like you will never leave me as long as I stay who I am. Aside from the sex is great, I really love being with you, protecting and taking care of you and loving you. I became this cheesy person but I don't mind at all.", he answered truthfully and my tears were already stealing the limelight. I hugged him and told him that I love him so much.

"Now, why do you love me, Jassy?", Dylan questioned back. I want to answer right away but he's being unfair because he just made me cry that I don't think I can speak clearly plus the fact that I'm drunk but nonetheless, I still tell him.

"I love you because you love me. I know it's ridiculous because you might think I want a reciprocated love but I love being in love with someone who loves me back. You make me feel confident and beautiful with your sincere compliments and words. You changed me in a good way... you taught me how to love myself first that I should not let anyone step on me, I should follow my dreams and what I want and I should choose myself. I really love you because I simply love you.", I confessed though I was stuttering for a little bit. But honestly, I don't exactly know why I love him but I know I do.