Chapter Fifty Nine

"I'm going to work now. Talk to you later and I love you", I sent Dylan a text because I know he's still asleep now. I have my morning shift at the coffee shop since most of my classes are around 10am and have also a night shift after class hours. It's not surprising here how many students stay up all night in this coffee shop to study since the owner made this coffee shop 24/7 and open to students like a library at night.

It's 6am and I have 4 hours of shift this morning though I will check out maybe 10 minutes before 10 so I can made it to class. Working here is a little bit tiring but I got the hang of it since I've been working here since last year and I'm often assigned with the cashier duties and sometimes a helper in the bakery for the pastries we sell so, I just seldomly make some coffee.

It's 9:40 am and I am about to end my shift when someone familiar came and greeted me.

"So this is where you work...", he smirked and I'm really getting uncomfortable. "I should have visited you soon but you see, I don't drink coffee that much because I don't need it specially if you're on my mind 24/7"

"Use that lame pick up line somewhere else. Are you going to order or not?", I angrily retorted. I actually don't have time for him to be honest.

"Little princess is getting annoyed ha? I'll leave only if you promise to meet me at the back", he threaten and I raised my eyebrow.

"Why would I even do that?"

"Because you don't have your ptecious Styles to protect you anymore. I can do anything I want now", he stated and I was confused at first as I wanted him to explain what he meant by not having Harry to protect me. Is that the reason why he never approached me back then? I remembered him trying to hit on me on the first day and his little threat about no one rejecting him and stuff.

"First of all, I have a boyfriend. Second, you are holding up the line so you better leave now or I'll call the security. Lastly, goodbye, Mr. Ken Ramirez", I said as I asked the girl at his back her order and totally ignored him but he grabbed my wrist and said, "Glad you still remember my name but I will make sure the next time you mention my name, you'll be begging me to stop".

My workmate immediately called the security as Ken raised his hands in defense and walked out of the cafe.

"Are you okay?", the girl asked me and I answered yes as I snapped out and asked for her order again.

After my shift, I immediately called Cole and luckily, he answered right away. I told him what happened this morning and I asked him if I should tell Dylan or not. I'm actually afraid on what Dylan will do because it's just a threat and I know I can take care of myself.

"You probably should. Even though Dylan could be a little violent, I know he wouldn't kill the guy", Cole answered.

"I'm serious, Cole. But I'll probably won't tell him and just be a little more careful and if he tries anything, I'll call Dylan right away plus I'll always make sure I'm in the crowd so he wouldn't be able to touch me", I told him but he sighed.

"I don't know, Jassy. He would probably me mad if you keep it from him", Cole informed me as if I don't know that. But I actually don't want him to drive all the way here to beat up the guy who is only full of words.

"I'll think about it but please, don't tell him about it", I told Cole and again he sighed as he actually don't want to keep anything from Dylan because it almost broke their brtoherhood when they kept things from one another but I reassured him that this little secret will not affect their relationship. I hanged up and went to class immediately.

As usual, I'm the earliest in the class so I picked the seat in the front row so I could also ignore my classmates being rowdy at the back. I observed how people started to fill up the room and later, Timothee and Saoirse entered the room and took the seat beside me.

We exchanged hi's and hello's and thankfully, our professor arrived. He introduced himself and did the usual first day orientation things. When the class was over, Saoirse approached me though Timothee was pulling her away.

"Timmy, stop it.", she told Timothee and faced me, "I'm happy we're classmates in this class. So, do you want to have lunch with us to catch up and stuff?", she offered.

"Uhm, actually I need to study and maybe next time", I rejected her offer again for the millionth time counting from the last semester.

"Fifteen minutes is all I ask. Please, I just need to understand something", she pleaded and I gave in and actually accepted her offer.

We went to this little burger place and Timothee said he'll just be the one to order for us.

"I just want to know the real reason why you departed from us or what happened that night", she asked and I'm kind of relieved that Camila didn't share to everyone the backstory of what happened.

"Believe me when I say that it's not because of you or anyone in the group. I decided to stay away because Harry and I had a history together and my boyfriend didn't want that.", I explained to her and all I got is an 'oh' from her.

"You know if my boyfriend stopped me from being friends with people I like hanging out with, I would break up with my boyfriend because yes, I can marry him and spend the rest of my lifetime with him but I rather have friends with me along that journey. I rather have a boyfriend who would trust me", she said as she stood up and told Timothee that she has to go without even saying goodbye to me.

Timmy placed our orders on the table and grabbed one and ate without even asking what happened with Saoirse. So, I eventually started to talk to explain, "I'm sorry but..."

"But we need to eat breakfast. Let us not waste some food", he cut me off as I just sat quietly and grabbed some food.

When a good minutes passed and we're almost finished eating, Timmy started to converse again, "For two or three weeks you've been with us, Saoirse really wanted you because she never had a friend in the circle with the same major so when she found out you're also aspiring to be a writer. She was really excited. When you ignored us for the rest of semester, she thought it was because of her. She started the truth or dare and she thought you got offended because of that. When Camila told us it was nothing, she won't still believe at her because she believes it's not enough reason for you to just ignore us like that."

"Aside from my boyfriend not wanting me to be in the group, I feel like I'm hurting Harry and it's not fair to him so before I get so attached to your circle, I rather go already", I explained to him though it sounded more like an excuse.

"Harry stopped drinking when you joined because he told me that he could not protect you when he's not sober. I knew back then that he likes you. He would always stare at you when you're not looking and he would worry where you are or how you are when you're not around even though he doesn't say anything. I knew. So when you left, he trashed his life again. I guess, it's his problem because he can't depend his life on you. I just think you should know", Timmy confessed and I didn't even know what to say anymore. I also don't want Harry to depend his life on me but I don't know what else I can do to help him. I fear losing Dylan more.

"Uhm, I bet Ed really hates me right now", I just tried to atleast give him a reply.

"Ed stopped hanging out with us. I honestly don't know what effect you had in our group", he said as I apologized immediately. I don't know if it's entirely my fault but I feel so guilty. I know I should've stayed away immediately but now, I felt like I ruined their beautiful friendship.

I was about to apologize further but suddenly, my phone vibrated indicating a call from Dylan.

"Answer it. But remember Jassy, you can't co-exist in the same world at the same time", he winked at me before he grabbed his coffee and bid his goodbye.

I answered the phone and told Dylan about my day leaving my encounter with Ken and Timothee.

My day passed by quickly and normal but of course, my thoughts kept occupying me. I feel really guilty and I am on the verge of calling Camila but I know it's not a good idea because maybe I just need to ignore it so it would fade away. I would just have to sleep to stop my mind from thinking these nonsense.

But ugh, I don't know why but I picked up my phone though I know I shouldn't have done it but it's too late to cancel now.

From: Me
To: Harry

'Hey, can we meet in front of the cafe?'