Chapter Twelve

Today was Tuesday and it's the day Dylan and I are classmates. As usual, he was late for class and he just casually took the seat beside me. I tried to focus on the discussion but it's really difficult.

"Let's have fun in our English class. I want all of you to think of a short poem or random lines that describe what happened last weekend, or how do you feel today. I'll give you five minutes to think and I'll pick the best one from you and will automatically be exempted in our quiz next meeting", our professor explained. I wanted that exemption because I don't want to study on details about Shakespeare but I also don't know what to say in front.

After five minutes, our professor started to call names to recite what they wrote. Some mostly expressed how they want to get out of class but some are equally good that I'm already getting nervous because at this moment, I haven't produce one yet.

"Jasmine Torres", my professor called my name.

I breathed in and caught Dylan's eyes and stared right to his, "Being left alone just triggered the pain. The regret of leaving you brought the biggest pain. Alone and suffering from the feeling of missing you. Please come back and let me... hold you"

I almost cried as I closed my eyes. As soon as I sat down, Dylan just held my hand. I looked at him as he smiled at me, listening to our other classmates' poem or passages.

"Dylan Sprouse"

He stood up after squeezing my hands gently, "Jassy, I am really sorry for being a jerk and for leaving you like that. I won't even going to compose a cheesy fuck because I know I have done you wrong. I broke that trust and the beautiful friendship we are building. Please give me one more chance because I will really hold you tight. Please, Jassy" he uttered, while I feel flustered and feel redness on my face. He didn't actually made a poem but he just apologized to me in front of the class. Some of my classmates clapped and looked at me, expecting for my reaction.

Luckily, our professor cut it off.

"That's not really a poem but I like how you expressed how you felt in class. It takes courage for you to apologize so I'll reward you the exemption. So next week, prepare for a quiz", our professor announced as I hurriedly ran outside but with Dylan's longer legs, he was able to catch up to me.

"Jassy, I didn't do it for the grade. I am truly sorry, you got to believe that", Dylan expressed, holding my hands again. I felt I was going to cry.

"Dylan, I forgive you but I couldn't forgive myself because I just fucking walked away from you because of that petty thing I felt. I know we're only friends but I felt stupid for reacting that way.", I said but he kissed me like we're not hiding from someone. I didn't kiss back because I don't want anyone to see us. Instead, I slightly push him away and held his hand and lead him to an empty classroom.

"You can't do that, Dylan" I said, worried that someone saw that and might delivered the news to Cole.

"Well, you also can't do that. Don't feel sorry for yourself and guilty about something you didn't do. I was the jerk who made the mistake, it was not you. Please, I want to hang out with you again like play games, eat an ample amount of pizza or burgers, sleepovers and the things we did before", he begged and I can't really say no to him. Also, he just made my heart fluttered with his words.

"Okay but let's just be friends without the extra stuff like kissing, being naked and whatever", I smiled. I want us to be friends like Cole and I. I don't want to like him anymore because I'll have expectations and all. Even though I know it's clearly hard, I am willing to compromise for him.

"Okay", he said but he wasn't convinced. I just let it be and we started hanging out by going downtown to grab some burgers because I'm extremely hungry.

For this week, we usually hang out in the open like in the community park, library though he doesn't like it, the burger downtown, wherever in school and sometimes in his room. But again, we rarely hang out in his room. I also refused to sleepover in his room because in that way, we would refrain ourselves from cuddling each other. We also talk about random stuff but sometimes, we ran out of what to say to each other so we usually just fiddle with our phones.

I can feel it's not the same as last time where we could be sarcastically brutal to each other and we could talk anything we want particularly about sexual things. Right now, we were both cautious on what to say and what to act. It's not the same anymore but I'm still happy that I get to spend my day with Dylan.

Today was Saturday and he texted me about this party in his frat so I agreed and also since Lili and Cole were going too.

Lili and I were in our room, talking about random stuff.

"But tell me, Jas, is there any boy in your life?" Lili suddenly asked.

"There's none. What are you even talking about?", I replied. She usually don't ask me things about this so I was shocked on her sudden question.

"I mean Cole is not here and I can definitely tell that you're blooming these days", Lili uttered.

"Okay, there's a guy that I like but he doesn't like me, he just sees me as a friend." I started as Lili scooted closer. "We hang out everyday but something happened before that's why we were not like how we were back then. I know it sounds confusing but liking him is probably the best situation for me"

"I bet he likes you too. You just have to show more of you", she said as I was confused on what she have said.

"But I kind of told him that I just want us to be friends", I explained.

"Clearly that's why. You have to let him again like cut the boundary you set. That's where you'll know if he really likes you. The chances are he just respects your decision that's why he haven't made a move on you", she advised. This is one thing I really like about Lili. I can tell her limited information but she gives advice as if she knew the whole story. I just don't want to let her in our lie towards Cole as I don't want her to lie to Cole too.

I hugged Lili as we planned our outfit for tonight.