Chapter Forty Two

"I didn't know...", Dylan quickly cut me off.

"I don't want to talk about it now. Let's talk when we get there", he said. I agree with him because knowing him and his temper and also with my stubbornness, we will surely have a big fight.

However, the car ride was so awkward and quiet like yes, he was holding my hand but the silence was eating us both alive. I can't even talk about something else because I can't pretend like everything is okay. It's a 4-hour drive and all I want to do is talk to Dylan about random stuff and also for the fact that I don't want him to doze off because we had a long day, I'm sure he's tired yet he was still driving because I insisted of returning tonight because I can't afford to skip another class. Without even realizing, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was already on Dylan's bed, wearing nothing but his t-shirt and my panties. I didn't even know how he carried me and changed my clothes. I have a morning class so even though I don't want to leave Dylan, I have to because of my nerd side. I just gave him a kiss on his forehead and didn't bother to wake him up because I know he's still tired. I changed my clothes and didn't take a bath since I will be late if I did.

Though I'm physically present in class, my mind wanders off. Also, Cole is here and I really don't know what to do because I know he doesn't want to make a scene and I will if I apologize to him again.

Suddenly, he gave me a notebook and said, "Lili told me to give you this since you weren't able to attend the class yesterday".

I smiled at him though he was just poker faced.

"Thank you, Cole", I said. I'm happy that Cole and Lili made up because it may hurt losing a best friend but my conscience can't take it if he loses his girlfriend too because of my stupid lie and greediness. He just ignored me and went to the seat farthest than mine.

After class, I have to face literature with Dylan. Just like Cole, I felt like we're in a civil war or a silent war. When I arrived since I liked arriving 10 minutes before the actual class, I sent a message to Dylan asking if he'll attend because I'm pretty sure he's still tired and also of the fact that he had to take care of me last night because I just fell asleep. He didn't reply and part of me wants to believe that he's still asleep.

When our professor came, he just told us to prepare for the presentation of our final project for next week and we can take our time off. So, I immediately went to the diner because aside from the fact I missed the food there, this may help me calm the storm ahead. I texted Dylan that class is cancelled and I am on my way home. At first, I want to go to the library instead to actually follow our professor's instruction however, I think running away from Dylan is not the best choice. Also, I have done nothing wrong. I just have to explain my side to his. Luckily, Niall was there and I ordered Dylan and I's usual. Niall said that he missed having Dylan and I in the diner and even the owner reserved our seat yesterday because they thought that we would come.

After waiting and getting the food, I headed back to the frat. Fortunately, there were no one home or maybe lurking in the hallways because as Dylan says, I don't know the people in here. I knocked on Dylan's room door and Dylan quickly opened the door for me. He seemed like he just woke up.

"I brought food", I said to him as I put the food down on his desk. "Did you just wake up?"

"I was waiting for you", he said coldly.

"Uhm, the owner of the diner missed us", I tried to  start a conversation but he just stared at me.

"You know that's not what I want to talk about", he stated as I sat beside him on the bed.

"Look, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about the journalism thing but honestly, I was not sure yet about that plus I just blurt it out to my mom unconsciously because I don't know what else to talk about", I started explaining because it's true, it was just like a random thought I mentioned to my mother. I don't even know if my passion for writing can get me somewhere because I know I'm not as good as Cole.