Chapter Twenty Nine

I was really awkward all through out our dinner because everytime I look at Cole, I feel sad because my lies finally get the best of me. I was fortunate that Lili was there to snap me out but I can't even swallow my food, looking at Cole. He thought that I have no appetite because of what happened but little did he know the real reason is him. I contemplated whether to break off with Dylan or not this whole afternoon but upon seeing Cole, I know I have to do it.

So after dinner, I went outside our room to call Dylan though I lied again to Cole that I would just call Abriana. My hands were already shaking but I have to.

"Hi", I greeted once he answered his phone.

"Hey, I've been calling you a couple of times a while ago. How are you?" he concernedly asked me.

"I was with Cole and Lili. Uhm, I met with my brothers but they just defended my father" I answered, not really want to expound further. Though I really want to tell him what happened and what I felt and everything, I couldn't especially if I'm going to break his heart perhaps.

"They may be your brothers but that's so bull of them. Don't listen to them, okay?" he reassured me but I have to get this over with.

"Uhm, that's not the reason why I called", I said, plucking up my courage. I was against phone breakups though technically this is not a breakup but I now realize why some people do this because it's harder to break whatever they have in person.

"Your voice sounds weak. Are you alright? Do you want me to come and get you? I miss you, Jassy", he noticed the sound of my voice and here I am thinking how could I do this to this guy?

Is it Cole or Dylan?

"Where are we, Dylan? I mean what are we?", I asked more like from a command from my rational mind because we both know we're just friends screwing each other though my heart begs to differ.

"Hmm? We like each other, right like romantically like each other. Why are you asking?", he retorted as if he already know what I'm hinting at.

"Why are we even lying to Cole? I mean let's just break this off. Let us pretend that we don't know each other that I'm just your brother's best friend", I finally said because I no longer want to play around the bush but as those words escaped, my tears also started to burst.

"What the fuck are you saying, Jasmine?" he raised his voice but I tried to control my voice because I'm already sobbing so much.

"I'm saying that yes, we like each other but I can't do it anymore. I can't lie to Cole anymore" I expressed and truth be told, I was always this big fairytale believer that you should be someone you love, not only someone you like.

"Then, let's tell him about us", he offered.

"What will we tell him huh? That I gave up my innocence for a guy whom he specifically told me to stay away from huh? I'm going to tell him that we screw each other already behind his back?", I questioned him though I know it was my decision because Dylan never forced me into anything.

"No, we're going to tell him that we like each other.", he said and as those words escaped his lips, I drop to the floor. He's ready to tell Cole but here I am still contemplating.

"I don't know, Dylan. I can't lose Cole", I sighed

"So, it's easier to lose me?", I widen my eyes. He's completely wrong because the reason I'm having a hard time is because I don't want to lose him because he's really special to me.

"That's not what I meant. Cole has been there for me since the start when I was in my down stage.", I reasoned.

"You just met him first but...", he tried to rebut but he stopped for a while then asked, "do I even mean something to you?"

"Of course, I chose you when I can be utterly honestly to my best friend. I chose you. I like being with you. I trusted you." I answered. I know this is not going to really be easy. I was crying so much now because Dylan, the most confident guy I know is questioning himself like I made him this.

"Then, why can't you choose me now?", he asked and I just wished I told Cole the first day I felt something special for Dylan so I wouldn't have to do this. I stayed silent because I don't know what to do.

"Bullshit, Jassy", he cursed when the silence between us was getting longer.

"Bye Dylan", I said but when I'm about to hang up...

"Wait, I apologize if I like you and if I want to be with you, if I miss you like crazy, if I don't mind spending my day with you, if it doesn't matter to me if I lose my brother because Jassy, I love you."

He hung up before I can even speak. He loves me. This guy who I questioned what he feels for me just confessed that he loves me. I thought we're only clinging on to the fact that we like each other but much to my surprise, we're both in love with each other.

I hurriedly went to his flat because I might continue to make the biggest mistake in my life.

I was only wearing my pj's and my slippers as I dashed over to his place. I didn't even notice that I was running because besides the fact that I hate running, his place was a little far from mine and cold breeze tonight is not helping especially because I'm wearing a thin fabric of clothing but I don't care. I also kept on calling him but he won't answer, probably because he threw his phone or...

he regretted saying those words to me.

But I don't care, I need to know if it's true. When I arrived at the frat, there was no party so I'm kind of relieve because of that. I hurriedly went upstairs and knock on his door but no one was answering.

What if he doesn't want to see me?
I understand that because I just broke his heart moments ago. But I'll wait for him because he deserves that from me.

I just sat on the floor outside his room as I wait for him. The guys here were passing by me and just ignoring because of the fact that we don't know each other and I'm always with Dylan when I'm here.

When Niall arrived, he asked me what happened and I told him that I was waiting for Dylan. Dylan must have forgotten his phone because when I tried calling him, I can hear by the door his phone. He offered to stay at his first but Dylan wouldn't like it and I want to be here when Dylan arrives. So he just gave me something to nibble on but my appetite didn't want anything right now. So, Niall just went back to his room and wished me luck.

After a few hours, Lili was already calling me because it's late already but I just told her that I'm staying at Dylan's though I have no reassurance that I would.

Worse case is Dylan would not come or worst case is Dylan would reject me.

Where is he? I wish he's not doing anything stupid right now even he has every right to do so.

I just closed my eyes and hoped that when I open it, Dylan would be here.